The official Confess Your Love of Death (the band) and Chuck Schuldiner

Or "profess." (This is Reuben again, now.) Really, it's not like Death and Chuck are some well-kept secret or anything. Half the metal world fanbois all over them.

Not that Death wasn't a good band, but the obesssive worship is taking its toll. Possessed was the first DM band anyhow. :p

But yeah, Chuck was a very talented guy.

Haha, I remember when I was first getting into real metal I borrowed that DVD from my friend and it scared the shit out of me.

The way Chuck comes in with the tapping and the vocals on "The Philospher" is just beautiful on that disk.

IOfTheStorm said:
few understand this

No ... I think they do! You gotta amdit it was a pretty hard slap in the face... People are still shocked. And their being shocked comes mainly from their love for his music !

Anyways, this thread was about love for chuck and his work... I think the musician was awesome but the person was just a great...

That's what is so strange with music, sometimes, you hear music you like played by type of guys you hate and sometimes your hear music you hate played by type of guys you respect to some extent. I was actually talking about that with some musician from this band whose music I'm not too fond of... Turns out the guy earned a great deal of my respect just by showing profesionnalism and intelligence when he talked to me.

With Chuck, the music is very enjoyable and the person was just as deep. One can say from his lyrics, others from his entourage, others from meeting him ... I think people here are just trying to pay tribute to either one of the CHUCKS... the musician (who still lives through his music) and the MAN (who's dead and can only be remembered)...

thats probably true, there are a lot of youngsters. id only known about death a few years before he died, but i was bummed. i am more into them now actually, but i think that wouldve happened whether he died or not becuase he was my friend's favorite guitarist, so we listened to the albums all the time anyway. hype/legend aside, he still rules.