Chuck Schuldiner Family Announces Fan Contest -

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Rocque

I am that I am
May 22, 2004
an exit to eternal summer slacking
http://www.emptywords.org/

Let me introduce myself, I am Beth Schuldiner, sister to Chuck Schuldiner. In keeping with Chuck’s planned promotion for his latest album at the time, Father of Rock Corporation will be announcing the fan contest that Chuck had been putting together prior to his illness and tragic death, via international press releases, beginning May 25, 2009.

The top, 1st Place Prize will be Chuck Schuldiner’s personal guitar, a BC Rich custom handmade Mockingbird. The 2nd Place Prize will be the Death stage backdrop used by Chuck/Death while touring internationally, including concerts in the great country of Mexico. The 3rd Place Prize will be a replica of his Stealth guitar, made by BC Rich/Hanser music group, an exact replica of the same guitar Chuck played on stage. The 4th Place Prize, but certainly not least, will be a set of guitar pick-ups by Dimarzio Pick-Ups/USA, the pick-ups exclusively used by Chuck while both touring and in the recording studio.

From May 25th on contestants will be able to enter on-line at the website chuck-schuldiner.webs.com, web design by Fernando Medino of Gudtalajra, Mexico. The entry fee is $25.00 USD. The contestants must also submit an essay entitled “What Chuck’s Music Meant to Me” along with the fee, at the time of entry. The contestant will beissued a number. The winning numbers will be drawn and the winning contestants will be announced on August 20, 2009 on EmptyWords.org, the only official Chuck Schuldiner/Death website, created and operated by Kees & Yvonne, both of whom are considered to be members of the Schuldiner family.

The family requests that winners submit photos of themselves with their respective prizes for posting on EmptyWords.org. All prizes will be sent to the winners within 14 days of the drawing via insured and registered FedEx. All winners will be issued a certificate of authenticity by the estate of Charles (“Chuck”) M. Schuldiner and a photo of Chuck with the winning guitars along with a photo of Chuck in front of the winning stage back drop.

Essay entries will be published in a book dedicated to all the fans who meant so much to Chuck, soon to be available on the internet, which will also contain a selection of the letters of support and inspiration which fans sent to Chuck during his illness. Chuck was always about the fans and had no stomach for the commercialization of his music, instead always keeping true to his vision. He was known for battling record labels and the like throughout his entire career. One of his favorite sayings, ‘Support music, not rumors’, comes to mind.

The proceeds, in part, will be used to finally produce the never before released last music Chuck was able to record in the studio. This is an important project not only to the fans who have been waiting years, for all of the “red tape” to disintegrate, but for Chuck’s long time close friend & drummer, Richard Christy and other band members, Chuck’s family and the entire international metal music community.

Thank you for your support of this important announcement,

Sincerely,
Beth Schuldiner

Status
Not open for further replies.