To honor CHUCK SCHULDINER please enter this thread

I just wanted to show my respect to Chuck. In the last few years, He has influenced my guitar playing, my writing and my strengh to carry on through the bad times!

I look forward to another Death album

Chuck Schuldiner...what can I say? He is my god, the undisputed king of metal, the greatest metal guitar player ever...a god and a gentleman. This man is my idol, my favourite musician of all time, and the single greatest influence on my life. I can never thank this man enough for what he has done for me, and some of the shit he has helped me through. He has helped me to survive, and helped me with some lessons that I really needed to learn. From his music I have learnt humility, and have started to develop self-confidence once again. Every riff the man plays grounds me, and his solo's cut straight to my soul, and lift me up from the low places where I tend to fester. If there was ANYTHING I could do to show my gratitude to Chuck, it would be done.

There was a time (about 18 months or so) when I used to get home from work, put Symbolic on, plug in my guitar, and play the album beginning to end. Well...not the whole thing...I never learnt Sacred Serenity or Without Judgement, so I just used to solo over them and pretend I was Chuck *blush*. These days it's Individual Thought Patterns...

I know Chuck will get better. Death can't die, it only gets stronger!!! Chuck will be back, and he'll have an even deeper source to tap to create his perfect style of Metal. But every day I think of Chuck in the hope that my own Metal power can join with his, and maybe I can help him to fight off his cancer. I know it won't really help, but at least I feel like i'm doing something. But mark my words, he will get better, and he will make a triumphant return to the halls of metal. The metal shall flow once again...

Fave Death Songs

Scream Bloody Gore - Evil Dead
Leprosy - Born Dead
Spiritual Healing - Killing Spree
Human - Flattening Of Emotions
Individual Thought Patterns - Trapped In A Corner/Mentally Blind/Nothing Is Everything - tie
Symbolic - Empty Words/Misanthrope - tie
The Sound Of Perseverence - Scavenger Of Human Sorrow/Flesh And The Power It Holds/Voice Of The Soul - tie

Control Denied

Fragile Art Of Existence - Consumed/Breaking The Broken/What if/when the link becomes missing - tie (those last 2 have 2 of my fave ever Chuck solos)

Ok, I've ranted enough. Get well soon Chuck...I'm thinking of ya...

Chuck is a god, and may he get better quickly.....that goes for both of them. Symbolic is almost my favourite metal albums of all time.

I spoke to Gene Hoglan at an instore last week, and he said he hasn't heard about Mr Schuldiner for a couple of months. Do they not get along or something?

Chuck Schuldiner... One very smart man.

Scream Bloody gore: Denial of life
Leprosy: Pull the plug
Spiritual Healing: Spiritual healing
Human: Lack of comprehension
Individual Thought Patterns: Trapped in a corner
Symbolic: Symbolic
The sound of Perseverance: Flesh and the power it holds..

This man is the biggest inspiration to me, from the early stuff, to the new stuff, it's all 'chuck'. His lyrics in 'individual thought patterns' fully changed how i thought.

His music is just awesome. He has matured so much as a musician since 'SCREAM BLOODY GORE'... His guitaring leaves me awestruck, even after my 11 years of playing.

-Trapped in a corner

Here's a 'bottoms up' to Chuck!
I managed to travel through most of SE Asia listening to only two albums: Symbolic and My Arms Your Hearse. Over seven months and neither of them got tired...but the tapes were worn worse than my socks.

You're the greatest, man.

Oh Man, I still remember the first time I heard Spiritual Healing in early '91. I shit my pants!! The production was so clear and so heavy (for the time) and I had never heard vocals like that. I remember one reviewer saying that chuck sounded like he was gargling shards of broken glass. I always thought that was a good analogy. Every album rules! I know Chuck spent some time in the Bay Area, is he from here? I've donated to the fund, you can too! Chuck rules!!

Get well buddy!!

Originally posted by metalsavior16
I remember one reviewer saying that chuck sounded like he was gargling shards of broken glass

Yngwie Malmsteen (guitar god for those who don't know), said when played a Death song that it sounded like either the vocalist was having something shoved up his ass, or something was coming out of his ass and mouth at the same time :lol:

He did complement the guitar work, though :)

On another, slightly related note, rumour has it James Murphy is battling the ol' brain tumor thing as well (according to Digital Metal). Just what the hell is going on, that's 3 legends being hit by it now :confused: :cry:

What counts is not just the fact that Chuck is a musical phenomenon; for there might be a lot of people who don't like DEATH or CD. What really counts is that Chuck has very strong spirit. He really worths all the best in music, but he deserves an award for his humanity.
I don't really know the man, but this is my oppinion about Chuck.
Chuck rules!

Is a shame that Chuck has that terrible disease, but I had to see them live here in this Southernmost country of Chile, they came in the tour of The Sound of Perseverance with Cannibal Corpse and practucaly destroyed the Monumental Theater of Santiago.

Since all of the post has each record with their favorite songs...

Scream Bloody Gore - Zombie Ritual

Leprosy - Pull the Plug

Spiritual Healing - Within the Mind

Human - Flattening of Emotions

Individual Thought Patterns - Trapped in a Corner

Symbolic - Crystal Mountain

The Sound of Perseverance - To Forgive is to Suffer

:eek:

Chuck is from Tampa, Florida.

I remember in the early 90's, Chuck was always crititized for not being able to handle other members in the band (refer to the number of ex.-members...); I read somewhere that he was schizophrenic. Anyone able to confirm this?