• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastiff

Guitarist
Feb 15, 2006
Death is my all-time favorite band.

Ever since I heard the Symbolic album I scavenged for all the others.

I am curious. If you're a fan of Chuck Schuldiner, please post how he inspired you musically.

Gene used a ship's propeller and some kind of artillery shell as part of his drumkit on Symbolic. And Symbolic is a better album than Human in my opinion, so I'd vote for Gene. Not really familiar with Sean Reinert and don't like Cynic very much.

CAIRATH said:
Gene used a ship's propeller and some kind of artillery shell as part of his drumkit on Symbolic.

Which symbolizes that war is pretty fucking Metal! \m/ :hotjump::headbang:

Sean Reinert. I find gene hoglan's drumming on Individual Thought Patterns to be better than on symbolic.

Sean's drumming on human is amazing but still a bit tame compared to Cynic 'focus'. ...and yeah chuck is a brilliant guitarist. It's cool to see how much better he got over the years.

I'm pretty sure he's self taught like trey from morbid angel which is more amazing when the guys can play the way they do learning on their on.

Both guys have terrible drum production one those albums. Sean Reinert is better in my book. Human is the better album anyway. I prefer his more toned down style. As far as excessive drumming, I'd take Richard Christy on TSOP. His drums sound a ton better than Gene's. I'd love to hear Symbolic with that production.

Gene, purely on the basis that I prefer Symbolic to Human. Although I did consider Sean due to the fact that SYL sucks monstorous man balls and anyone associated with it, should pretty much just die.

Leprosy was their best album btw - so although Chuck became a more capable guitarist, his songs weren't quite as good.

I liked the work he did with Slaughter from Canada.The album Strappado was great.I don't know if he was on that one but he was on the Slaughter album Fuck of Death.Chuck was Great.My favorite work he did with Death was his first few albums though.

Chuck wrote great music throughout his career. I don't really have a preference via drummers, but for the record, I far prefer Deaths early stuff to their later stuff.

I really, really like Sound of Perseverance, but to be honest, nothing Death recorded ever matched up to the visceral rush of hearing "Zombie Ritual" back in the day! Bliss!

Of the two I'd have to say Sean, but of all the drummers that have ever been with Death, I like Bill Andrews' work most.

Human is the best Death album though.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Of the two I'd have to say Sean, but of all the drummers that have ever been with Death, I like Bill Andrews' work most.

Scream Bloody Gore is the best Death album though.

Fixed that for you.

Free of charge.

I don't understand people's obsession with early Death. It all sounds rather boring and samey to me. But I am not the biggest plain death metal fan so maybe that's why. I prefer the Individual Thought Patterns up to TSOP era.

Status
Not open for further replies.