Chuck Schuldiner

Which drummer do you like more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't even begin to compare Quorthon's guitar playing to Chuck.

Chuck wrote "Pull The Plug".
Who's Quorthon?

Sorry, don't mean to be disrespectful but I'd think Chuck was MUCH more influential. Still, it's all relative and doesn't really mean shit. You like what you like.

Cythraul said:
I have a question. Why do so many fans of Chuck Schuldiner idolize him with such fervor? I mean, I haven't seen nearly as many people act so gay about Quorthon or other guys like that. Why do people treat this guy like he was some kind of deity? I even personally know people who thought they contacted him through a oija board (is that how you spell it?). They were all crying and shit because they thought they actually talked to him, saying shit like "Chuck, are you in pain? Are you in a bad place?" That's really fucking gay! This kind of shit worries me. What is wrong with people? And why do I only see people acting this gay about Chuck Schuldiner?

edit: this post was sort of inspired by the douchebag with the Death avatar above me, so I'm not being completely random.

>__> You really think Death fans are gay about Evil Chuck, fuck, you have to find some Pain of Salvation fans like myself and then monitor our Daniel Gildenlow related posts and behaviour.

We get a bit ... on the crazy side, to the point where I tracked down his phone number and address.

Stormwatch said:
Chuck wrote "Pull The Plug".
Who's Quorthon?

Sorry, don't mean to be disrespectful but I'd think Chuck was MUCH more influential. Still, it's all relative and doesn't really mean shit. You like what you like.

Chuck was not as influential as Quorthon, mainly because death metal would have evolved without Death, black metal never would have without Bathory.

CAIRATH said:
He must be so happy...
>_> Yeah, probably not, but yeah. I just wanted to have it to have it, just to say I did. I won't ever send him anything or call him.

If I want to say something to him I'll email him and hope for a response.

Gene's pretty good for a fat guy playing metal drums. Sean is a well-rounded artisan who is so far beyond Gene, that its not even funny.
Chuck was a fucking metal genius who catapulted me into extreme metal, period. I bought Human when it came out, and then it was ON.:hotjump:

Cythraul said:
I have a question. Why do so many fans of Chuck Schuldiner idolize him with such fervor? I mean, I haven't seen nearly as many people act so gay about Quorthon or other guys like that. Why do people treat this guy like he was some kind of deity? I even personally know people who thought they contacted him through a oija board (is that how you spell it?). They were all crying and shit because they thought they actually talked to him, saying shit like "Chuck, are you in pain? Are you in a bad place?" That's really fucking gay! This kind of shit worries me. What is wrong with people? And why do I only see people acting this gay about Chuck Schuldiner?

edit: this post was sort of inspired by the douchebag with the Death avatar above me, so I'm not being completely random.

Imagine their horror if he responded "I'm in a very bad place - due to my much overhyped version of Painkiller, I'm being forced into covering all of Judas Priests worst songs - Jesus help me, they're making me sing the lyrics to "Loch Ness".

By the way, Death pwned Bathory. Get over it, wiking wannabes.

MetalHeadMarc said:
Dude, the reason we are going "gay" or what you would hope it is "gay" about Chuck is b/c he was a great guy and a great guitar player. Death was a very influential band to many people. I frankly couldn't give a fuck about Bathory. It's unfortunate what happened to Quorthon, but honestly, who do you think made an impact on more people, Quorthon or Chuck. Maybe that's just bias b/c I hate 99.9% of black metal, but fuck man, this is band that is responsible for death metal being callled DEATH metal.

Possessed released a demo in 1984 called Death Metal. Chew on that for awhile.

Every 3-6 months there's a UM topic which basically reads "if chuck schuldiner were alive, would you blow him?" If you wouldn't answer "yes" to that question, this topic is useless to you and maybe even mildly irritating.

Demiurge said:

Every 4-6 months there's an UM topic which basically reads "if chuck schuldiner were alive, would you blow him?" If you wouldn't answer "yes" to that question, this topic is useless to you and maybe even mildly irritating.

I wouldn't blow him.

I might let him blow me, though. As a ginger, I can't afford to be fussy.

Demiurge said:

Every 3-6 months there's a UM topic which basically reads "if chuck schuldiner were alive, would you blow him?" If you wouldn't answer "yes" to that question, this topic is useless to you and maybe even mildly irritating.

Every three - six months or so, you post a lot of shite in here regarding your elitism and how you know so much about fuck all. Well done for you, but after a few years, you're still as boring as fuck.

Stormwatch said:
Every three - six months or so, you post a lot of shite in here regarding your elitism and how you know so much about fuck all.

Aw, I hurt your feewings. Don't mind me, continue to post in topics with no content(this topic isn't even about Death, if you think about it).

Well done for you, but after a few years, you're still as boring as fuck.

Few things are less important to me than your enjoyment.

Demiurge said:
Aw, I hurt your feewings. Don't mind me, continue to post in topics with no content(this topic isn't even about Death, if you think about it).

Few things are less important to me than your enjoyment.

You hurt my feelings? Er, aye okay then Mr "I've got an inflated sense of my own self importance".

If my enjoyment is so unimportant to you, why reply to my post? :err:

Seriously, you and I have posted here for a while now and all you ever do is come into threads and act like you know everything.
It's just boring.

Demiurge -

You have stood your ground with a reasoned argument and valid point.

Alas, Stormwatch has wit and charisma:

...and thus you fail.

Carcassian said:
Demiurge -

You have stood your ground with a reasoned argument and valid point.

Alas, Stormwatch has wit and charisma:

...and thus you fail.

Thank you. You know, a year ago (especially after a few beers) I'd have ranted and posted a few insults to Demiurge. I must be growing up.
About fucking time. :zombie:

Besides he IS a fucking nob.

Stormwatch, why do you think it follows from the fact that I am responding to you that I am attempting to entertain you? Your question is irrational.

Seriously, you and I have posted here for a while now and all you ever do is come into threads and act like you know everything.

Could you please stick to the subject at hand? I said that Possessed released a demo called "Death Metal" in 1984. I said that this topic exists to allow idolators to fellate Chuck Schuldiner without offering any musical discussion whatsoever beyond "my favorite album is..." Do you dispute my points? If not, shut up.

Demiurge said:
Stormwatch, why do you think it follows from the fact that I am responding to you that I am attempting to entertain you? Your question is irrational.

Could you please stick to the subject at hand? I said that Possessed released a demo called "Death Metal" in 1984. I said that this topic exists to allow idolators to fellate Chuck Schuldiner without offering any musical discussion whatsoever beyond "my favorite album is..." Do you dispute my points? If not, shut up.

A highly valid point.

Nether the less, Death are still a seminal band. i don't actually subscribe to the Death = birth of death metal argument either, but they were an excellent band.

Status
Not open for further replies.