Chuck Schuldiner

Which drummer do you like more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
CAIRATH said:
I don't understand people's obsession with early Death. It all sounds rather boring and samey to me. But I am not the biggest plain death metal fan so maybe that's why. I prefer the Individual Thought Patterns up to TSOP era.

You had to be there. :tickled:

MasterOLightning said:
I don't know how anyone could like SBG over Leprosy. SBG is basically a best of Death from the first 20 demos they did. It's not nearly as coherant as Leprosy. The title track owns.

I like it because it's better.

Despite never having actually heard Scream Bloody Gore, I am now convinced it is infact the best Death album.

Carcassian said:
i think you may have underestimated my capacity for the pointless, degrading or downright idiotic:

Yah, rly, so? LOL!!!!!!1111
No wai!!!!!!11111!!!oneonebbqlawlz

Death's early stuff was better for two reasons 1 he was stronger vocally.And 2 because he was always talking about zombies and cool shit like that
in fact he even talked about getting someone else to do vocals that had cleaner sounding lyrics towards the end of his career but thought his older fans wouldn't appreciate it as much.Chuck was Cool.

Chuck Schuldiner is one of the greatest musician who ever stepped on this world.He totally inspired me with his music.:worship:
RIP

I like Gene s drumming much and Symbolic is my favorite album ,but Human was the heaviest album existence back then :)(Sean Reinart is a great drummer too,such a shame on his drumming in Aeon Spoke right now)

I have a question. Why do so many fans of Chuck Schuldiner idolize him with such fervor? I mean, I haven't seen nearly as many people act so gay about Quorthon or other guys like that. Why do people treat this guy like he was some kind of deity? I even personally know people who thought they contacted him through a oija board (is that how you spell it?). They were all crying and shit because they thought they actually talked to him, saying shit like "Chuck, are you in pain? Are you in a bad place?" That's really fucking gay! This kind of shit worries me. What is wrong with people? And why do I only see people acting this gay about Chuck Schuldiner?

edit: this post was sort of inspired by the douchebag with the Death avatar above me, so I'm not being completely random.

Dude, the reason we are going "gay" or what you would hope it is "gay" about Chuck is b/c he was a great guy and a great guitar player. Death was a very influential band to many people. I frankly couldn't give a fuck about Bathory. It's unfortunate what happened to Quorthon, but honestly, who do you think made an impact on more people, Quorthon or Chuck. Maybe that's just bias b/c I hate 99.9% of black metal, but fuck man, this is band that is responsible for death metal being callled DEATH metal.

It's unfortunate what happened to Quorthon, but honestly, who do you think made an impact on more people, Quorthon or Chuck.
without DOUBT, and i like death and acknowledge their influence... QUORTHON. no fucking question. don't delude yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.