The Official Forum

hmmm, easiest thing would probably be paypal....but I don't know if server providers deal with paypal...in fact I doubt it. regardless, you definately won't need to chip in 20 dollars sunlapse =) I'm sure there's enough willing people to pay an even, low price.

Hey guys, how ya doing? Just scouting around for a small UT2004 clan to join and pal around with. Getting tired of just going out and killing anybody and everybody. If ya inrested E-mail me at joseph5599@yahoo.com

The_cowboy said:
Hey guys, how ya doing? Just scouting around for a small UT2004 clan to join and pal around with. Getting tired of just going out and killing anybody and everybody. If ya inrested E-mail me at joseph5599@yahoo.com
You're free to join our clan... we're not elitists, and we'll accept anyone who plays...

Got some great members on our team too.

Well there's about 20 members in the clan, and even if all of them didn't want to pay it's not going to be much more than 4.00 USD a month each.

When you rent a server or whatever, does it only have to be one game mode, like ONS, or can we change it whenever we feel like it? Same applies with setting a password or making it public, and we change it whenever we like or is it set and stays the same from we first get the server?

I just checked out the Multiplay.co.uk servers as I've played a few of them and they seem pretty reliable and they offer a basic 12 player server for £35 a month, and it can be upgraded to 18 players for extra cost. They also offer discounts for paying in advance and you get 50 mb webspace when you sign up.

http://hosting.multiplay.co.uk/services.php?servicecatid=2

Seems pretty good, might be worth considering if we go ahead with it.

I have not yet seen one of you guys when playing. on wich server do you usualy play, which game type ect

Just add =UM=* and anyone with the UM tags will show up.

[Edit: corrected it]

aye, ' Buddies==UM=* ' in yer user.ini

(add a buddy in the ingame menu, just anyone, so that the relevant text/code generates in the file, otherwise you'll find nothing there)

heh, bad luck thrax dude. =) i was confused at first when I went into my user.ini because I hadn't started the game yet and there wasn't buddy code in it. it wasn't until I added some buddy in the game that the code was written into the user.ini. Kinda strange if you ask me. but yeah, that's the best way to do it, wildcard =UM=.