The official metal 2012 thread

bad picture, but deathspell omega will release a 7 pic-lp box, with the latest stuff. :dopey:

7066deathspellomegapicturevinylbox1220120525.jpg

I will definitely buy that DSO boxset if at all possible. I found a copy Fas for $50 at a nearby record store. Sadly, that's slightly less than what it typically goes for on ebay. It will cost a fortune to get all of these individually. Way better to get the box set.

About 2012, any opinion about Burzum - Umskiptar?

I'll post a link to my review of it in the BM thread once it's posted. The short and sweet is a like it but don't love it. For the most part I think Varg does a very good job of bring the Edda to life and the flow of the album is very good, but a few of the more minimal tracks drag a bit. I hope he does more albums based around Eddas though. It works well with his newer style.

Solstice - Pray for the Sentencing

A combined re-release of their out of print albums; Solstice & Pray.

Pre-orders start 28/05

Epic death/thrash.

SolsticeCoverx500.jpg

http://tribunalrecords.bigcartel.com/product/solstice-pray-for-the-sentencing-2-cd

POINTS OF INTEREST:
+ OUT OF PRINT FOR YEARS – HIGHLY COLLECTIBLE
+ NEW INTERVIEW WITH BAND
+ CONTAINS NEW REMIX OF 1995 ALBUM “PRAY”
+ ARTWORK BY EDWARD REPKA (MEGADETH, MUNICIPAL WASTE)
+ MASTERED BY JAMIE KING (BETWEEN THE BURIED & ME, FOR TODAY)
+ NUMEROUS FESTIVAL APPEARANCES ALL SUMMER

TRACK LIST:
DISC 1
The Sentencing – 1992
1 Transmogrified
2 Cleansed Of Impurity
3 Eternal Waking
4 Survival Reaction
5 S.M.D.
6 Netherworld
7 Plasticized
8 Cataclysmic Outburst
9 Aberration

Pray – 1995
10 The Unseen
11 Denial
12 Pray
13 All Life Lost
14 Freedom Denied
15 Close Minded Failure
16 Depression
17 Bleeding Unborn
18 One At A Time
19 Eyes See Red

DISC 2
Pray – 2011 (Remix)
1 The Unseen
2 Denial
3 Pray
4 All Life Lost
5 Freedom Denied
6 Close Minded Failure
7 Depression
8 Bleeding Unborn
9 One At A Time
10 Eyes See Red

Why are you 'anticipating' or even 'disappointed' with anything concerning Summoning when they've already announced that they're working on a new album?

-------------------------------------------
After a longer winter-sleep summoning is back again and ow works constantly for a new release. We promise that in the near future we will regularly update the homepage again, so it will we worth the costs to check the page in regular intervals.

The present situation of Summoning:

In the past years we have worked on new material just very rarely because of different reasons (partly personal, partly being not motivated enough) but since the last months ,we intensified the work for new material and realised, that the old spirit is back again and we are very motivated for a cool new release and we are very committed in every terms of composing.

Meanwhile there are two songs which are fix starters for the album. 4 or 5 songs are in a more advance state and we composed riffs for at least 10 or 15 songs in a very early state. Btw. we still have one finished song from the last oath bound session which also will be in one or another way. so probably this time we are in the luck situation that we have more songs left, so maybe there will be some special limited fan releases beside the normal release, but this is of course just a wish right now.

We hope that until the end of this year most of the material for the new album can be finished. In the moment we have no concrete conception about the lyrical concept. All we can say right now is, that Summoning is still alive and middle earth will awake again.

I'll post a link to my review of it in the BM thread once it's posted. The short and sweet is a like it but don't love it. For the most part I think Varg does a very good job of bring the Edda to life and the flow of the album is very good, but a few of the more minimal tracks drag a bit. I hope he does more albums based around Eddas though. It works well with his newer style.

I'll read your review before buying it.

Am I the only one who think the new Nile sample sucks? I still think they get too much hate and I like some of their albums, but this song is just weak imo.

Katatonia - Dead End Kings
Gothic Doom Metal
Peaceville Records

Release dates:
EU: 27.08.12
US: 28.08.12

Tracklist (not final running order)

The Parting
Hypnone
Undo You
The Racing Heart
Buildings
Leech
The One You Are Looking For Is Not Here
First Prayer
Ambitions
Lethean
Dead Letters

Katcvr1fltF-1024x1024.jpg

This was just posted on Facebook. I don't know if it's this year or next, but there are already samples here. I'll listen to them later tonight. The cover-art though, it's like taken from a "death metal covers textbook". Reminds me of the Horrendous album cover from earlier this year.

575094_10150909487866877_1262050328_n.jpg

Am I the only one who think the new Nile sample sucks? I still think they get too much hate and I like some of their albums, but this song is just weak imo.

It's alright, but I'm hoping the album will feature better stuff.

image_4fc3c1b96f011.jpg

Tracklist:
THE PARTING
HYPNONE
UNDO YOU
THE RACING HEART
BUILDINGS
LEECH
THE ONE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS NOT HERE (featuring Silje Wergeland)
FIRST PRAYER
AMBITIONS
LETHEAN
DEAD LETTERS

Holly shit, im hyped for this!!!