The official metal 2012 thread

Woah, someone else here like sleaze besides me? Sweet! Did you also know Crashdiet has a new album coming out this year? That's one album I'm super excited for.

Yeah man, stocked as fuck. Last album was good stuff for sure. Hope to catch them live one day!

Whitechapel - s/t (2012)

WC_4th_album.jpg

1. "Make It Bleed"
2. "Hate Creation"
3. "(Cult)uralist"
4. "I, Dementia"
5. "Section 8"
6. "Faces"
7. "Dead Silence"
8. "The Night Remains"
9. "Devoid"
10. "Possibilities of an Impossible Existence"

Whitechapel will apparently begin recording new material for their next album in spring 2012. The band is currently recording self-titled fourth album at Audio Hammer Studios with producer Mark Lewis and is currently scheduled to be released June 19 via Metal Blade Records.

Last album was fun as hell, will for sure check out this one.

Just in case anyone is interested, the morbid saint comp is pressed on cd-rs according to the guys on the dark descent forums. $38 for cdrs with no track listing inside.

^ Now that's just lame.

On a different note, holy shit, Coven(Seattle power/thrash) reunited! They're playing their first show in 20 years by the end of the month together with Destruction and Warbringer.
Sure it's not the best thrash you're likely to hear, but it's hilarious and just an overall great time IMO.
Personally, I'm stoked. Hopefully this will mean reissues of their albums and lots of touring.

https://www.etix.com/ticket/online/performanceSearch.jsp?performance_id=1604754&searchType=venue

[Also, 666th post etc.]

Just in case anyone is interested, the morbid saint comp is pressed on cd-rs according to the guys on the dark descent forums. $38 for cdrs with no track listing inside.

wat

"Pressed"? Or did they just burn these on their computers?

Thanks for the info, good thing I didn't buy it yet.

Not true. The first two albums are clearly different from the next two, which is clearly different from the 5th album. From there they have 3 or 4 albums that are of a speed metal/Painkiller-esque direction, and from then on they've released pale fascimiles of that style and mixtures of the others.

My common listen for RW is Pile of Skulls. I don't see a huge difference between that album and say, "Under the Jolly Roger".