The official metal 2012 thread

I find it to be a very interesting album. I really like its arc, the way it moves from high energy and fast pace songs at the beginning to slower and slower tempos as the album moves along. Its like watching a process of deceleration. But I agree with Doden, throwing a rating on an album after 1-2 listens is absolutely meaningless.

Yes the Burzum has leaked like three days back and it's absolute garbage. It's the most dull and boring record I have heard in ages. It takes him 60 minutes to tell some Icelandic stories over some recyclated riffs that just repeat for the whole song. The sound is weak, the riffs are weak, his voice is weak and there's no reason whatsoever to listen to it more than one time and not delete it. I sincerely hope that people will see through the "BURZUM" name on the cover and realize that this is just really bad. Hardly even black metal too.

Spot on. A piece of shit album...as expected.

Only idiots judge albums after listening to it once.

I'm sure you too have heard majority of albums you know only once because there was no reason to do it again. That's the case with this album. I know that you always try to find "intricacies" and substance in Varg's albums, but I think even you will find this one empty and meaningless.

Why would I want to lose any more time with an album that I consider bad?

I'm sure you too have heard majority of albums you know only once because there was no reason to do it again. That's the case with this album. I know that you always try to find "intricacies" and substance in Varg's albums, but I think even you will find this one empty and meaningless.

I actually have a secondary shelf reserved for albums that I need to listen to more before I store them in my regular shelves. There are dozens of albums that I did not like initially that if I stopped listening to after hearing once or twice, I would have stupidly sold. Including Belus.

Pre-order for the remastered reissue of Wormed - Plansphaerium.

http://www.willowtip.com/releases/details/wormed-planisphaerium.aspx

Also some Heretoir news. I didnt really enjoy their debut but i think they have potential so ill be checking this out.

560143_392925857394042_188570921162871_1444837_823517990_n.jpg

This compilation of all older Heretoir tracks and a completely rerecorded edition of .Existenz. will be entitled "Substanz".

"Substanz" will be released in August 2012 via Northern Silence Productions as 2CD Digipack and LP

With Belus and Fallen I at least found the album enjoyable on the first listen, but I couldnt help but get the feeling Umskiptar was just a boring rehash of the style Varg developed with Belus, and to an extent production-wise (imo) with Fallen. Albeit I only gave it one listen, but I find it hard to believe it will grow on me when I found the riffs boring and Varg's clean vocals to be tritely dull. I will probably give it another listen though since it is Burzum and first impressions are seldom lasting ones.

Cant wait for that Ne Obliviscaris, their demo was extremely good stuff.

It's not like I don't like their later stuff. I don't really have an opinion on it as I haven't heard those albums in their entirety. The samples I've listened to sounded okay. It's just that when I turn on Transilvanian Hunger, I want to hear more when it ends. A Blaze In The Northern Sky and Under A Funeral Moon don't do anything for me at all. Panzerfaust is good but it's not Transilvanian Hunger. Never bothered with anything else. :erk:

Also, TH's production is great.

I like bits and pieces of the older with the new, more of the older though in all honesty.

I actually have a secondary shelf reserved for albums that I need to listen to more before I store them in my regular shelves. There are dozens of albums that I did not like initially that if I stopped listening to after hearing once or twice, I would have stupidly sold. Including Belus.

Yeah, I agree. There have been times I bought albums and didn't like on the initial listen and I went back to it six months later and loved it. That's how I got into Corrosion of Conformity initially.

Not true. The first two albums are clearly different from the next two, which is clearly different from the 5th album. From there they have 3 or 4 albums that are of a speed metal/Painkiller-esque direction, and from then on they've released pale fascimiles of that style and mixtures of the others.

Dodens Grav said:
Not true. The first two albums are clearly different from the next two, which is clearly different from the 5th album. From there they have 3 or 4 albums that are of a speed metal/Painkiller-esque direction, and from then on they've released pale fascimiles of that style and mixtures of the others.

I really like their debut. I ought to check out a few more in chronological order.

Also, you probably have a feel if how strict my sensibilities are. Would I even be interested in the recent Burzum albums? I've chosen to ignore them until now.

I am a firm believer in that you have to listen to an album multiple times to give it a fair judgment. It has happened so many times that I have disliked an album upon first listen but that has grown on me with time.

However, my first impressions of the new Burzum is less than good. I actually tried to listen to it twice and wasnt able to make it all the way through. This comes from someone who think both Belus and Fallen are really good records. Both of which has actually grown on me from my first impressions (which were good to start with as I remember).

May 2012 releases:

04.05 Allegaeon - Formshifter
04.05 Dawn Of Destiny - Praying To The World
07.05 Process Of Guilt - FÆMIN
07.05 Ne Obliviscaris - Portal Of I
07.05 De Profundis - The Emptiness Within
08.05 Horseback - Half Blood
08.05 Saratoga - Nemesis
08.05 Cattle Decapitation - Monolith Of Inhumanity
08.05 Bible Of The Devil - For The Love Of Thugs And Fools
14.05 Syn Ze Sase Tri - Sub Semnul Lupului
15.05 Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky