The official metal 2012 thread

Didn't used to be Sad face. But seriously, they blow now. No one here cares. :) Happy and smug face. You are a 8====|)-----*8) face. That's a penis ejaculating on your face, btw.

Season of Mist said:
OLD SILVER KEY, the band consisting of four DRUDKH members plus French musician Neige (ALCEST, AMESOEURS) on vocals, released their debut album "Tales of Wanderings" last year.

We are pleased to inform that Andy Marshall (ex- FALLOCH) has joined OLD SILVER KEY as second vocalist and composer. The band will start working on the new album within a few weeks.

Damn, i was hoping for a new Blood of Kingu album next. The Falloch member should make OSK a bit more interesting anyway.

July 2012 releases:

01.07 Light Bearer - Northless/Light Bearer Split
02.07 Six Magics - Falling Angels
02.07 Bonded By Blood - The Aftermath
03.07 Periphery - Periphery II: This Time It's Personal
03.07 Icarus Witch - Rise
05.07 Master - The New Elite
06.07 Saga - 20/20
10.07 Serj Tankian - Harakiri
13.07 Denial Of God - Death And The Beyond
16.07 Waylander - Kindred Spirits
17.07 Hellyeah - Band Of Brothers
17.07 The Contortionist - Intrinsic
17.07 Baroness - Yellow & Green
20.07 A Forest Of Stars - A Shadowplay For Yesterdays
23.07 Zonaria - Arrival Of The Red Sun
24.07 Om - Advaitic Songs
25.07 Tacere - At World's End
27.07 Tankard - A Girl Called Cerveza
27.07 Testament - The Dark Roots Of Earth
27.07 Blind Stare - The Dividing Line
27.07 Dew-Scented - Icarus
31.07 King Of Asgard - ...to North
31.07 Nachtmystium - Silencing Machine
31.07 Evoken - Atra Mors
31.07 Afgrund - The Age Of Dumb

New Katatonia song:

Sounds like they're still on the same road as the last couple albums. I'll have to hear the rest of the album, but this track honestly did not impress me...that's only on an intial listen though. I hope they haven't stagnated...

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I felt Night is the New Day was pretty different from The Great Cold Distance. I also like the new song. Not taken back by my love for it or anything but I can see it as a solid piece of a modern Katatonia album

I never listened to Katatonia until Night is the New Day and I fucking fell in love, unfortunately I don't like a single album other than that one, I like this new song though.

You should definitely check out the first two albums if you haven't yet. Those are their best albums.

Brave Murder Day is unreal, so is DoDS. New Katatonia should be solid. Night is the New Day is my favourite from their rock era.

The new Dying Fetus is kicking my ass.

Anyone heard samples of the new Testament yet?

Also looking forward to the new Ataraxy.