The official metal 2012 thread

Man, I am absolutely dying to hear the upcoming Katalepsy - Autopsychosis, reportedly due out 7-16-2012 :( . Obviously, that date is inaccurate. Hopefully by end of 2012, though.

56532_katalepsy_autopsychosis.jpg

I know that. i'm the user who put it there. I meant like any recent updates

I dont know what more you want then. That was only a few months ago and if they are planning a 2013 release then they arent going to be giving updates every few weeks. Theres an interview with Nergal in the latest Terrorizer and he briefly mentions the next album. They are working on it "very slowly". They are planning on entering the studio early next year and have the album out in september.

I dont know what more you want then. That was only a few months ago and if they are planning a 2013 release then they arent going to be giving updates every few weeks. Theres an interview with Nergal in the latest Terrorizer and he briefly mentions the next album. They are working on it "very slowly". They are planning on entering the studio early next year and have the album out in september.

Cool. I meant if there was anything that i had missed.

Neige - Alcest said:
"Hello there! Some days ago Winterhalter and I recorded demos for the next Alcest album, for which I have almost finished the songwriting. Only a few arrangements are missing, and the lyrics as well... In our case they always come late in the process. As I said in recent interviews, you can expect something different from Alcest's previous releases. I don't think there are any metal music elements anymore, though a lot of very intense parts and dynamics are still there. Things are just done in another way, and the core remains the same. That album will come back to the nostalgic side of Alcest, it's very dreamy, aquatic and a bit less progressive than the last two albums. Melodies are taking their time to grow, if you see what I mean. I feel very excited about these songs and this new approach feels very refreshing to me. I also can tell that the album will be recorded next March in Iceland at Sundlaugin, Sigur Rós' studios, with producer Birgir Jón Birgisson. There will also be guests appearances - more infos about this will come later. I will keep you posted!"

...So thats WITTR, Lantlos and now Alcest that are saying they want to strip metal out of their sound.

As if alcest was ever very metal at all other than one demo. Alcest is one of the best shoegaze bands there is though.

Oh no. :/ I loved Alcest's metallic moments. This new release is either gonna be really bad, or super-amazing for being so adventurous.

What do you guys think of the new Testament album?

I was expecting more intensity like the Formation of Damnation. But still an awesome album nonetheless.

I stumbled across this while looking through the doom section of metal-archives. They released a 5 song full length back in May but I haven't heard of it. Sounds pretty good. They have them listed as avant garde progressive doom metal.

Wild Hunt - Panorama

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess they all are just renting the same guy to make em. At least it seems like it.

New Om is fucking sweet. Feelings like im in riding a camel throughout the desert in the middle east. Ive always wanted to learn how to wrap a turban...

Last edited by a moderator: