the official "Power/thrash" Thread

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
I've decided that the blend between power and thrash is the best mixing of the genres

Nevermore
Brainstorm
Symphorce
Zero Hour
Grave Digger

aaaaaaaaaaaaah *orgasms*

sorry :Spam:

NP-Rheingold-Valhalla

Someone needs to post some places where I can sample clips because out of all the bands that Wolftribe named I only found some for Brainstorm(which ruled by the way)

So yeah, audio clips would be nice.

Check out Forbidden... their earlier stuff is more thrash, but check out their album Distortion. You might like that :p

Dead_Lioness said:
excillent choice!
i love Forbidden!
everybody should check them ANYWAYS.

:p
Forbidden is great, and when Distortion first came out I hated it... Now I think it's awesome... go figure. :p

Forbidden Evil is probably my favorite though. I saw them many times before they were signed when they were still "Forbidden Evil". They used to wear spandex and have fluffy hair. :lol:

Reactions: internally grateful
Yeah, of course. ;) I was lucky enough to see Sadus in late 2002 at the Pound in San Francisco. It had been many years since they played any shows and to top it all off, Chuck Billy came out at the last encore and they did a Suicide Shift song to end the night... Sadus hadn't played a show for ages, and haven't since. :(

Sauds = \m/ Damn you for getting to see them. You live in the Bay Area?

Forbidden = :headbang: Forbidden Evil is kind of inconsistent (the title track is one of the best songs ever), but Twisted Into Form fucking SLAYS all the way through. (Hail to Tim Calvert). Everybody check out Forbidden or I'll eat your livers.

Seriously, I mean it, Max. You wanna get trashed? You'll need your liver for that. Download "Chalice of Blood" for starters.

I'M NOT KIDDING. *gets meat fork*

Yeah, I live 50 miles south of SF, on the peninsula.

The songs on Forbidden Evil were mainly played at 1/2 the tempo that it was recorded at. The songs were waaaay longer, and much more "glamorized" before they got signed.

I'm also into most of the old-school bay area stuff, Vio-Lence, Exodus, Epedemic, DRI, Possessed, Death Angel, Annihilation, Dammaj, Hellhound, Imagika (who's here on UM), etc...