The Official Running Wild Appreciation Thread

Really an amazing band!! One of my favorites too, though I haven't heard their newer albums that much. Favorites are probably Gates To Purgatory and Port Royal.

np: Powder And Iron \,,/

Awesome band. I don't have there new CD but I have all there old stuff. Awesome stuff....I heard they have a live cd out. I can't find that anywhere either.

Running Wild are fucking awesome! I got into them back when Gates To Purgatory came out, but the pirate thing kinda turned me off. :yuk: Lately I've been getting into it though. Pile Of Skulls rules. I'm listening to The Brotherhood for the first time right now and so far it's pretty damn good. :headbang:

N/P: Crossfire

Port Royal is one of the best albums in metal existence. I love everything else they've done, and I'm close to having all of their albums. They're just so damn prolific!

Anybody here seen them live? What a treat that would be!

Running Wild are amazing and in my top 10 favorite bands ever. I actually like the pirate theme and think it is very original. As of now I have the albums: Port Royal, Pile Of Skulls, Black Hand Inn, Masquerade/Walpurgis Night (2 in 1 Euro import), and The Legendary Tales 3 pack featuring The RIvarly, Victory and The Brotherhood which are all awesome albums. I am always on the look for Running Wild stuff. It is hard to find but I grab what I can. I hope they tour the US within the next year or two since power metal is starting to turn alot of heads here. I know the last time they toured the US was with Grave Digger and Helloween on a short stint in the 80s. What a bill that was! I also heard overseas in the 80s the bill was Grave Digger, Running Wild, Helloween and Overkill! Imagine seeing that!

Running Wild's music get played at the www.thatssometal.com parties. This is Rich, one of the websites hosts, and we have monthly parties at bars in the NY/NJ area where we play Running Wild as well as other Power/Progressive European metal. People who are not familiar with these artists enjoy it and are starting to buy it. Thats So Metal.com is doing our part in giving these artists the exposure they deserve in the US. All are welcome to come to our parties, check the website for details and directions, they can be found on our Home page. "Hoist the sails, we are Under Jolly Roger".

Thats reall great that you can turn some people on to the Euro Metal scene.It pisses me off that the only place on public airwaves I can hear it is the college radio station.