Impaled Nazarene appreciation thread

I agree with DiscipleOfPlato, and I don't think that kind of music has any form of ingenuity to it upon listening to it....but unlike him, I'm not so much a prog and power nerd as I'm a black metal fan. Also, I'm looking forward to hearing any arguments or differences on this topic.

DiscipleOfPlato said:
I'm into a lot of prog and power metal as well as some black metal.....some of my favorite bands include Iron Maiden, Savatage, Dream Theater, Anathema, Opeth, Pain of Salvation, Porcupine Tree, Ephel Duath, Borknagar, Dimmu Borgir, Symphony X, Steve Vai, as well as many others. And yes, I tend to enjoy more of the "thinking man's" brand of metal, and an original, innovative edge is always nice. Of course, Impaled Nazarene doesn't possess any of these qualities, and to me they're really just a typical black/death metal band. And no, I wouldn't praise a band for being heavy....also, yes I realize someone would disagree with me and I respect that. However, I consider debate to be one of the most entertaining forms of human conversation.....suffice to say, I'm quite glad you disagree with me. I'll enjoy proving you wrong. :D

A metal dork AND an elitist fuck all wrapped into one!!! WOWEE!!!
Spare me the useless dribble. Just because some metal isn't thought provoking doesn't mean it's total shit. Try opening your mind up a little bit.

An elitist fuck? Wow, you're quite mature...I didn't know my own personal tastes and opinions in music would provoke such a silly attack on my character. Hey, but I guess your snap judgment warrants some sort of a retaliation on my part, so I guess I'm sorta content. Hey Tara, or "Eviscerated Bitch," whichever one of those titles you prefer.....I never said that just because metal isn't thought provoking, it sucks. Judas Priest is one of my all-time favorite bands! Are they thought-provoking? Not at all. However, is there some sort of talent and songwriting ability used? I think so. Are they original? Well, anybody who says Judas Priest isn't original has to be on crack. Impaled Nazarene is a band that likes to be "sick, brutal, disgusting and offensive" just for the hell of it, and for the sake of being "cool and DEATH METAL!!!" There's nothing innovative or original about them, and their music requires the mind of a fucking imbecile to be taken seriously. As for you, young lady, I suggest you take that bitchy, pessimistic outlook on life somewhere else. You remind me of one of those trashy goth whores who somehow take esteem in their own bitchy attitude. You want to be a bitch, Tara? You like it, don't you? You like it so much that you used the subname "Eviscerated Bitch" and decided to use an avatar of a woman(perhaps you?) giving the finger? Perhaps you deserve to be treated like the self-proclaimed bitch you are....when somebody finally does, be sure to email me about it, it would make my day to hear it. Damn, you're so ignorant, and so easy to make fun of. Congratulations, your image and mindless shit-talking have reduced you to the point of self-parody. How's that for a snap judgment?

Oh yeah, one more thing, DEATH METAL!!!!

I like Impaled Nazarene, and I like prog metal or "thinking man's metal" as well. But I like different bands for different reasons, I just think Impaled Nazarene have humorous and entertaining songs, but I'd much rather put on Opeth than them :)

DiscipleOfPlato said:
I'm into a lot of prog and power metal as well as some black metal.....some of my favorite bands include Iron Maiden, Savatage, Dream Theater, Anathema, Opeth, Pain of Salvation, Porcupine Tree, Ephel Duath, Borknagar, Dimmu Borgir, Symphony X, Steve Vai, as well as many others. And yes, I tend to enjoy more of the "thinking man's" brand of metal, and an original, innovative edge is always nice. Of course, Impaled Nazarene doesn't possess any of these qualities, and to me they're really just a typical black/death metal band. And no, I wouldn't praise a band for being heavy....also, yes I realize someone would disagree with me and I respect that. However, I consider debate to be one of the most entertaining forms of human conversation.....suffice to say, I'm quite glad you disagree with me. I'll enjoy proving you wrong. :D

Bah. Poo-poo on "thinking man's metal". Give me vile, repellent, simple minded violence any time over that overly-thought out, over-produced ear candy. :)

DiscipleOfPlato said:
An elitist fuck? Wow, you're quite mature...I didn't know my own personal tastes and opinions in music would provoke such a silly attack on my character. Hey, but I guess your snap judgment warrants some sort of a retaliation on my part, so I guess I'm sorta content. Hey Tara, or "Eviscerated Bitch," whichever one of those titles you prefer.....I never said that just because metal isn't thought provoking, it sucks. Judas Priest is one of my all-time favorite bands! Are they thought-provoking? Not at all. However, is there some sort of talent and songwriting ability used? I think so. Are they original? Well, anybody who says Judas Priest isn't original has to be on crack. Impaled Nazarene is a band that likes to be "sick, brutal, disgusting and offensive" just for the hell of it, and for the sake of being "cool and DEATH METAL!!!" There's nothing innovative or original about them, and their music requires the mind of a fucking imbecile to be taken seriously. As for you, young lady, I suggest you take that bitchy, pessimistic outlook on life somewhere else. You remind me of one of those trashy goth whores who somehow take esteem in their own bitchy attitude. You want to be a bitch, Tara? You like it, don't you? You like it so much that you used the subname "Eviscerated Bitch" and decided to use an avatar of a woman(perhaps you?) giving the finger? Perhaps you deserve to be treated like the self-proclaimed bitch you are....when somebody finally does, be sure to email me about it, it would make my day to hear it. Damn, you're so ignorant, and so easy to make fun of. Congratulations, your image and mindless shit-talking have reduced you to the point of self-parody. How's that for a snap judgment?

Oh yeah, one more thing, DEATH METAL!!!!

cry.jpg

Impaled Nazarene. They make me happy. I especially like how they blend hardcore punk (a la Discharge) with their earlier black metal sound. That and Mikaakim being a fucking nut makes for a good band. So until next time, smoke crack and worship satan! :Spin: