Impaled Nazarene appreciation thread

tara

S.M.F.
Nov 29, 2002
Oklahoma
Does anyone else like these guys as much as I do?
I'm listening to Suomi Finland Perkele + Motorpenis right now. One of my favorite bands!!!

new album soon :)
from http://www.impnaz.com/news.html :
16th of July
The recordings for All That You Fear are now finished. 13 tracks of pure Goat Vomiting Nuclear Holocaust were captured in and everyone in the band are more than satisfied with the results and of working with Anschi @ Astia Studio. A full studio report by Luttinen is coming up soon, check it out!! ...no free rides!

Ive come across favorable reviews of their albums- but I ve never bothered to pick one up. So, if you will, just what style of death metal do these finns play- and what makes them so special?

not really death..more thrash oriented, they call it "nuclear metal" which may seem cheesy until you hear the band! quite an apt description with that simple word "nuclear" :)
anyway.. in a nutshell, fast and violent. good for bad days.

Jondur said:
I am the killer of trolls - I show the fuckers no remorse

That was the first song I ever heard from them, on an Osmose compilation. That same compilation also got me into Immortal and Enslaved.

tara said:
That was the first song I ever heard from them, on an Osmose compilation. That same compilation also got me into Immortal and Enslaved.

I gotta admit, I have never really understood the attraction to Impaled Nazerene. I only have Tor Cormpt, Absence of War, Suomo Finland, and the Day of Darkness Festifall split with Beherit, but based on that I don't see me picking up any more ImpNaz. Tol Cormpt is pretty good, and the split with Beherit does, indeed, slay, but the rest is pretty lame, I think.

Guess I just don't get it!

Gory Elephant said:
I gotta admit, I have never really understood the attraction to Impaled Nazerene. I only have Tor Cormpt, Absence of War, Suomo Finland, and the Day of Darkness Festifall split with Beherit, but based on that I don't see me picking up any more ImpNaz. Tol Cormpt is pretty good, and the split with Beherit does, indeed, slay, but the rest is pretty lame, I think.

Guess I just don't get it!

At least you have and like the best album (Tol Cormpt). Different strokes for different folks. :)

henrikmain said:
Ah, "Absence Of War.." is a great record. And with titles like "The Lost Art Of Goat Sacrificing", you can't really go wrong, can you? ;)

I dont' know, I think Absence of War is horrendously bad. Sounds like power metal. WAY too clean.

Gory Elephant said:
I dont' know, I think Absence of War is horrendously bad. Sounds like power metal. WAY too clean.

I still haven't heard that album because of this reason.
I think I'll stick to the old I.N. albums.

Ugh...bad music! I mean seriously, listen to some fucking intelligent music worth listening to, where some actual originality and creativity was used.

DiscipleOfPlato said:
Ugh...bad music! I mean seriously, listen to some fucking intelligent music worth listening to, where some actual originality and creativity was used.

What the hell are you talking about? Please give us a list of bands you like, so we can put your silly comments in perspective.

Gory Elephant said:
What the hell are you talking about? Please give us a list of bands you like, so we can put your silly comments in perspective.

Actually, forget I asked, I just read some of your other posts, and have a pretty good idea of what you look for in metal, and suffice to say, we would not agree.

I'm into a lot of prog and power metal as well as some black metal.....some of my favorite bands include Iron Maiden, Savatage, Dream Theater, Anathema, Opeth, Pain of Salvation, Porcupine Tree, Ephel Duath, Borknagar, Dimmu Borgir, Symphony X, Steve Vai, as well as many others. And yes, I tend to enjoy more of the "thinking man's" brand of metal, and an original, innovative edge is always nice. Of course, Impaled Nazarene doesn't possess any of these qualities, and to me they're really just a typical black/death metal band. And no, I wouldn't praise a band for being heavy....also, yes I realize someone would disagree with me and I respect that. However, I consider debate to be one of the most entertaining forms of human conversation.....suffice to say, I'm quite glad you disagree with me. I'll enjoy proving you wrong. :D