The Offspring

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
Any Offspring fans around?

I have to say that they've impressed me with their consistancy over the past few years, and I can repeatedly listen to their albums endlessly. Good mindless fun stuff that you can sing along to.

They're certainly my favorite non-metal band, perhaps even one of my favorites period, behind Anthrax and AC/DC (and Metallica pre-Load of crap)

Smashed was good when it came out. But I don't like it that much anymore, and the new stuff gets crappier and crappier, but they have hot chicks on their vids. So I'll just watch the vids with the mute on. :lol:

Originally posted by Weapon X
Smashed was good when it came out. But I don't like it that much anymore, and the new stuff gets crappier and crappier, but they have hot chicks on their vids. So I'll just watch the vids with the mute on. :lol:
I have the same opinion! Some music you like for a period of time and then you get bored with it. Offspring is one, Green Day another. I can mention more, so I will: Bush, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, all hip hop, Moloko, Tricky and all that other trip hop "I'm so cool" stuff that I used to listen to, Cassius, Daft Punk and other house stuff. Some things you'll keep listening to. Guns N' Roses is a band I've been listening to since 1991 (although I kind of stopped listening to them for some years). Lee Hazlewood is a guy who I think I'll still be listening to when I'm 40!

not really a fan, but i saw them at Reading Festival last week. they're recorded a song or something where we (the crowd) sang some wierd thingy. whatever it is you'll hear on the next album, the album i wont be buying :)

i almost got beat-up one time for saying how much The Offspring really suck. but if people listen to crap, they have the right to be informed IMO anyway.
childish lyrics, boring riffs and baaaad vocals (dexter live is one big voicecrack!) - if you can make any good come out of it you have my respect :confused:

Originally posted by myrdd
i almost got beat-up one time for saying how much The Offspring really suck. but if people listen to crap, they have the right to be informed IMO anyway.
I can only quote Brass Construction: "Say what's on your mind".

I really only like Ixnay On The Hombres, and I like it as much as it's one of my favourite albums ever. I don't care about technicality, I love the almost black humour of it, and it's got so much reckless, youthful energy that I can't help but have tremendous fun listening to it. Don't like their new stuff, and pre-Ixnay never caught my attention either. (Why do so many people like Smash? It doesn't have the energy of Ixnay!)

Originally posted by SculptedCold
I really only like Ixnay On The Hombres, and I like it as much as it's one of my favourite albums ever. I don't care about technicality, I love the almost black humour of it, and it's got so much reckless, youthful energy that I can't help but have tremendous fun listening to it. Don't like their new stuff, and pre-Ixnay never caught my attention either. (Why do so many people like Smash? It doesn't have the energy of Ixnay!)

i agree that ixnay is the best, but i also really like smash. i like americana too, although i don't like the singles (pretty fly for a white guy, why don't you get a job) too much. my favourite tracks from that album are have you ever, staring at the sun, no brakes, americana and pay the man. conspiracy is ok, really nothin special, and it kind of makes me angry how they ripped off AFI so blatantly on "come out swingin".

Originally posted by nafnikufesin

Dexter's voice is horrible live, but at least he's not lip-syncing ;)

hmm, i saw them live and i was surprised by how strong dexter's voice was.... if you saw them and his voice sucked, he must have been having a bad night or something because it was fuckin awesome when i saw them.... or perhaps you've just seen that infamous video of the european music awards when they play "the kids aren't alright" and dexter's voice keeps cracking and he can't hit the high notes.... i saw that video before i saw them, so i really wasn't expecting much, and they really surprised me. (dexter hit all the right notes on that song without any voice cracks ;) )

I'm pretty much a fan of old skool Offspring..mainly anything before Americana. Americana's just an iffy album. Ok to listen to once, but god forbid if someone happens to put it on repeat. There's maybe 2 or 3 (tops) decent songs on that cd, whereas there are way more on Smash, Ignition, the self-titled, and Ixnay.