The Offspring

ignition and smash are great mainstream punk albums. i like conspiracy of one, though. ixnay and s/t are great, too. americana only had 3 or 4 good songs.

The self-titled Offspring album was superb, Ixnay and Ignition were decent enough. Smash is pretty poor, and Americana and Conspiracy of One are just.....dire.....ugh.....die new offspring.....self titled kicks ass though.

ignition is an amazing offspring album- favourite by far (way more rock than punk) but conspiracy of one got back to being slightly more rocky (Noodles sites AC/DC as his main influence during that time- he was listening to a lot of it)- some of the songs on it anyway, after ignition it all went a bit mainstream and poppy though.

The Offspring albums:

The Offspring : Awesome album. Truly underated
Ignition : Another great album.
Smash: Not too bad.....
Ixnay on the Hombre : Some great songs and some shit ones. Still, I'd recommend it.
Americana: Hahahahahahahaha *throws up*
Conspiracy of One: Only slightly better than Americana......

Great songs:
Jennifer Lost The War
Out on Patrol
Demons - Almost "metallic"
Black Ball
Kill The President
Session
Dirty Magic - fantastic song
Smash
The Meaning Of Life
Gone Away - Awesome. The best Offspring song (perhaps)
Amazed - Also awesome.
Vultures
Denial, Revisited

Of course, these are just my personal favourites. Do NOT base The Offspring on the criminally poor shit they've released over the last few years...

They're such sell outs for going pop punk. If you want to see me PISSED play Original Prankster in front of me.

These are common excuses for sell outs:

1) We EVOLVED in our music :rolleyes:
2) We wanted to explore other emotions
3) We want to reach out to more people
4) We're doing some experimentation

Down with sellouts
:mad:

The only one I completely like is Ixnay On The Hombre,and thats mainly cause of the memories it brings me of my senior year of high school.The song Amazed was my anthem for that year.

I like half of Smash...Bad Habit is the perfect song while driving!

All IMHO...

(1-5 Rating, 5 being best & fav tracks)

S/T: 3 (Blackball, Beheaded)
Ignition: 5 (Session, We Are One, Get It Right, Hypodermic, etc.)
Smash: 5 (Bad Habit, Genocide, Not The One, Smash)
Ixnay: 4 (The Meaning of Life, Mota, Cool to Hate, All I Want, Change the World)
Americana: 2 (Staring at the Sun, The Kids Aren't Alright...that's about it)
Conspiracy: 3 (Come Out Swinging, Want You Bad, Million Miles Away, Special Delivery)
Splinter: 2 (Da Hui is the only one I really like here)
R&F, R&G: 5 (The first 4 tracks, Takes Me Nowhere, Rise And Fall)

Yes, their last was produced by Bob Rock :ill: - I don't care. I think it was their best release (and most consistent) since Smash - even the slower stuff is listenable IMO. For the record, I can't stand the stuff in the vein of "White Guy", "Get a Job", "Original Prankster", "Worst Hangover Ever", etc...:puke:

I'm not waiting on pins and needles for their next release, but I will certainly give it a listen when it comes out...

Hate this band with a passion. One of my fondest festival memories was seeing them getting pelted with plastic bottles for their whole set at The Big Day Out in about 97-98.

I find pretty much everything about them extremely grating and annoying, even their early stuff. And songs like Why Don't You Get A Job make me want to smash things.

The Offspring are one of my biggest guilty pleasures... old stuff and new. I don't care how mainstream, poppy, repetitive, whatever they are... i like singing to them in my car dammit! :kickass: