The Old Dead Tree as opening act for Katatonia in France and Benelux

well theyre decent.... but i wont buy anything from them, unless they will really convince me at the gig

Mariner said:
well theyre decent.... but i wont buy anything from them, unless they will really convince me at the gig

I bet they will ! One of the best underground live performance I ever experienced , no joke !

i have the new record "the nameless disease" and was very surprised at how professional and talented this band is. i could not think of a better act to aid in the opening of a katatonia show actually. the record is emotional, delicate and crushing at the same time. do watch them if you can and pick up their record as it is a genuinely excellent effort.

Waaaah, of course I love The Old Dead Tree... some of you might have been aware of that fact yet I guess. Sure I'll be there in Ghent, can't wait anymore... I got their mini The Blossom few years ago, but then I received a Nameless Disease promo... and it's just perfect! :worship:
Btw, I don't like Katatonia that much... weird, it's really good music, good vocals too, unique sound, exactly the kind of style I appreciate most... etc, but I always have the feeling there's something missing in Katatonia's music. So I'm actually going for The Old Dead Tree's performance, I've seen Katatonia on Peacefest once.

:OMG: TODT gig in Paris was awesome ! best gig of year 2003 so far. I will try my best to come to Ghent on May 10th since Kata won't play northern France ... To any Belgian/Dutch mates willing to attend the kata gigs you can still check all songs from the opening act's new album at : www.theolddeadtree.com, this is really amazing and I'd be glad to read your impressions on their stuff.
I think TODT will become one of the biggest 'atmo-metal-whatever-you-wanna-call-it' band in the forthcoming years :cool: