The Old Dead Tree

cedarbreed

Don't mean nothin'
Dec 9, 2001
A Nation on Fire
I think many of you might like them.

www.theolddeadtree.com ( MP3's from the new album available )

Excellent songwriting, big production and nice feeling. Amazing singer both on growlings and clean vocals, fucken heavy riffs, beautiful melodies and sad sad atmosphereeeeeee ... (check the band's bio and the story behind the album...), but the whole thing remains very powerful and modern.

They're touring with Katatonia and their new album has just been released : ' The Nameless Disease '

Give it a try boyz and girlz ;)

P.S : If you're going to see Katatonia gigs in Holland, Belgium or France, prepare for something BIG as the opening act... their show in Paris was destructive ...

You lucky bastard haha !
Those fuckers won't play northern France so I gotta move me arse to Belgium, the 'fries+mussels kebab' country to see them :D

hmmmmm some parts are very cool, but some sounds like poppy nu-metal...not sure what to think...parts made me go YES! Some parts me go LINKIN PARK?

Sadistik said:
hmmmmm some parts are very cool, but some sounds like poppy nu-metal...not sure what to think...parts made me go YES! Some parts me go LINKIN PARK?

I wouldnt go as far as mentionning Linkin Park :lol: but it's true they've got something very modern and groovy sometimes, POPPY ? YES ! NU-METAL ? NO !

:)

Kushantaiidan said:
Well, I was curious.. But NU METAL scared me off..

Win me back, and I might try downloading some...

No really this isnt any nu-metal for sure, promised. It's more an atmospheric doom metal band than anything else BUT the production is very modern and there are some groovy mosh parts and some very pop parts but 'pop' influenced by Pink Floyd or Jeff Buclkey not Licking pork :lol:
Try them ;)
They are very heavy by the way, big rhythm guitars , heavy riffs, and intense drumming. Not technical at all but intense, just try them :eek:l:

I dunno...that intro reeks of MTV for me (but thats the only part).....My only problem with the performance is that the clean vox seem a little timid. Not really digging these guys, but not opposed to them either....I'll wait to see where they stand in a year or two.

Oh by the way,

Is anyone here coming to the Katatonia / The Old Dead Tree gig in Gent (BL) may 10th ?

I'm looking for People from Paris who wanna go there , carmates etc ...

Static said:
I like this quite alot. I think its really cool how they mix nu-metal and extreme metal...no one really does that. :)

yeah, I wouldn't talk about nu-metal though but that's why I keep on saying they're innovative in the genre ;)

I don't think there is anything wrong with being nu-metal really. Its not that this music really 'fits' into the nu-metal genre, its just certain influences from that genre can be heard here. I think its really cool how they take influence from that type of sound and turn it on its head. :)

cedarbreed said:
No really this isnt any nu-metal for sure, promised. It's more an atmospheric doom metal band than anything else BUT the production is very modern and there are some groovy mosh parts and some very pop parts but 'pop' influenced by Pink Floyd or Jeff Buclkey not Licking pork :lol:
Try them ;)
They are very heavy by the way, big rhythm guitars , heavy riffs, and intense drumming. Not technical at all but intense, just try them :eek:l:
Atmospheric doom with mosh parts? How does THAT work?
err.gif

mindflesh said:
Atmospheric doom with mosh parts? How does THAT work?
err.gif

:lol:

Well ok just remove the word doom, it's atmospheric metal with mosh parts. I swear you can mosh at their music. I did last week. Started the mosh *MAN*
:Spin: