The Old Dead Tree

cedarbreed

Don't mean nothin'
Dec 9, 2001
A Nation on Fire
I think many of you might like them.

http://www.theolddeadtree.com ( MP3's from the new album available )

Excellent songwriting, big production and nice feeling. Amazing singer both on growlings and clean vocals, fucken heavy riffs, beautiful melodies and sad sad atmosphereeeeeee ... (check the band's bio and the story behind the album...), but the whole thing remains very powerful and modern.

They're touring with Katatonia and their new album has just been released : ' The Nameless Disease '

Give it a try boyz and girlz, I know you wellies are funny open minded peeps haha :p

Fuck ! What a spammer I am !

Judging from their (fuckingggggggggg awesome) gig in Paris on last Saturday they're alive and kicking and in their mid 20's ;)
And the band has been existing since 99 I believe or maybe 97 ... whatever ... it's the young kicking tree !

My short review at first listen: They aren't really doing anything tonally interesting. It just sounds like a less interesting drop-D-based mix of amorphis and in the woods, to me. *shrug*

It'd be cool if they escaped the D drone.

Nu-Metal has ruined the "ChugChugChug - ChugChugChug weedlewoo!" thing for me, I think. Much more interesting than numetal of course...I've just heard too many riffs just like that one. Drumming's pretty OK.

Actually as I listen to it - the death vocals make it sound kind of like melodic hardcore-metal crossover stuff in parts....hmmmm.

Not bad.