The one song you'd love to hear live

Vader - Shadowfear
Ensiferum - Into Battle
Yngwie Malmsteen - As Above, So Below

Any of those....

The Odyssey is the very definition of the word "epic". Go away Joe :rofl:

:lol: I've heard it twice, walked out before the end both times... what a fucking snorefest :p But after people were literally crying and shouting in praise all teary-eyed, I even heard on kid remark "OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY JUST PLAYED IT MY LIFE IS COMPLETE"... :lol:

"The End of the Beginning" by Jason Becker.

it's just so inspirational, along with "Altitudes".

+1

He can't even play or talk, from that disease so :p Good luck hearing anything.

Maybe he could play it with his eyes and head, via the machine his dad made for him :p

Fuck you! :lol:

Why is everyone obsessed with that song, I hate it :lol: I made myself sit through it one time during a 3 hour car ride, it was awful.

This statement further reveals how much you liek cawk. I think it is because you have a short attention span and do not actually like listening to a song for more than 4 minutes. This is probably why you don't like Opeth either. Whatever, your loss. The Odyssey IS the definition of epic. Not my fault you have ADD :lol:

yesterday was going to add The Apostle in Triumph by Opeth... :rolleyes: would be nice to heard that too

and watch a Tennis match is more exciting than Symphony X

This statement further reveals how much you liek cawk. I think it is because you have a short attention span and do not actually like listening to a song for more than 4 minutes. This is probably why you don't like Opeth either. Whatever, your loss. The Odyssey IS the definition of epic. Not my fault you have ADD :lol:

Hm um, well funny I LOVE many songs that are well over 4 minutes, such as "And then there was Silence" by BG, "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" by Maiden, "Rediscovery Part 2: The New Mythology" by Symph X, "In the Halls of Waiting" by Insomnium, "For to End Yet Again" by Arcturus and "Theatre of Salvation" by Edguy... and that is just a small list, many of my favourite songs fall between 8-14 minutes. So :rolleyes: It's definitely not "ADD". See, my whole thing is if you're going to make a 15 minutes song, make it so fucking epic that it only feels like 5. Such is the case for many songs, the problem with The Odyssey, for me anyways, is it feels like a bunch of small songs put together, and though there are good parts there's nothing that just keeps me hooked and entertained. As a musician I'm sure there's lots of shit in that song that enthralls you but for me, as just an average listener, I personally don't find it that interesting. But to each his own.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: The fact that he doesnt like Opeth is because he isnt deaf
:lol: I actually don't mind a few songs. Black Rose Immortal, Reverie/Harlequin Forest, Blackwater Park, The Drapery Falls, and a few others :lol: Black Rose Immortal is probably the only 20 minute song I ever sat through and didn't feel bored at any part. But I have to be in the mood :p

and watch a Tennis match is more exciting than Symphony X

Let's not talk crazy here, Mr. Pedo :p

Unchained Melody, sung by a decent interpreter, since I am pretty sure the original guy is dead.

Hell yeah.

:lol: Actually I wouldn't mind to hear this myself :lol:

Hm um, well funny I LOVE many songs that are well over 4 minutes, such as "And then there was Silence" by BG, "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" by Maiden, "Rediscovery Part 2: The New Mythology" by Symph X, "In the Halls of Waiting" by Insomnium, "For to End Yet Again" by Arcturus and "Theatre of Salvation" by Edguy... and that is just a small list, many of my favourite songs fall between 8-14 minutes. So :rolleyes: It's definitely not "ADD". See, my whole thing is if you're going to make a 15 minutes song, make it so fucking epic that it only feels like 5. Such is the case for many songs, the problem with The Odyssey, for me anyways, is it feels like a bunch of small songs put together, and though there are good parts there's nothing that just keeps me hooked and entertained. As a musician I'm sure there's lots of shit in that song that enthralls you but for me, as just an average listener, I personally don't find it that interesting. But to each his own.

I was kidding :loco:

Seriously. I'll state again. The song I would DIE to hear is The fucking Chaos Path. That song is so epic to me. I can't even describe it. Sometimes I go for walks out into the conservation area here, everything is blanketed in snow and looks so tranquil. I find a nice spot, sit down, play this song and close my eyes. It's almost spiritual for me. It just, makes me feel so, indescribable. I mean I understand not everyone will feel this way but I have an almost ethereal connection with Music and Nature. I LOVE listening to Dimmu Borgir while standing out in the fucking pouring rain during a thunderstorm, or listening to Blind Guardian on a sunny day while sitting on the small cliff-edges by this stream that has a bunch of mini waterfalls around it. It's beautiful to me. I don't care if it sounds stupid or gay, it's shit that really makes me feel rejuvenated and empowers me. There's no drug that gives me the feeling that music does.

Seriously. I'll state again. The song I would DIE to hear is The fucking Chaos Path. That song is so epic to me. I can't even describe it. Sometimes I go for walks out into the conservation area here, everything is blanketed in snow and looks so tranquil. I find a nice spot, sit down, play this song and close my eyes. It's almost spiritual for me. It just, makes me feel so, indescribable. I mean I understand not everyone will feel this way but I have an almost ethereal connection with Music and Nature. I LOVE listening to Dimmu Borgir while standing out in the fucking pouring rain during a thunderstorm, or listening to Blind Guardian on a sunny day while sitting on the small cliff-edges by this stream that has a bunch of mini waterfalls around it. It's beautiful to me. I don't care if it sounds stupid or gay, it's shit that really makes me feel rejuvenated and empowers me. There's no drug that gives me the feeling that music does.

I agree with most of what you're saying. But I just watched this

And I can't fucking stand it :lol: fucking circus metal.

Last edited by a moderator: