The people on Metal Rules bashing the Crimson 2 clip

Hm, so what? One person is bashing it... and we all have different tastes as you know. We like it, and that's far more important ;)

Bah FUCK THEM!!

Ive been a fan of Dan & Edge since -92 and still 10 years later I enjoy all of the albums theyve created.

There will always be ppl whom dont progress in there "music career", when I was a little blackmouse with pimpels and turned crucifix I wouldnt have dreamed of that I would listen to more Progressive Rock/Metal then Death metal.

Dan has always amazed me with new material again and again. And the music have matured, thats the way its meant to be. How suprising would it be if all the albums sounded the same?

I just say FUCK the critics Dan is awesome!

Faan Dan skicka mig ett ex av Crimson 2 innan jag dööööör!

They all say it's "overly melodic, gothengay"
What can I say...It's not really a deathmetal album afterall. What I don't like about Crimson 1 is that it sounds like a deathmetal album in parts. I wanted Crimson 1 to be "death-metal-free" but the others hated the idea and kept adding boring chunky riffs and "forced" me to write "classic" EOS riffs. If I had been the one to decide, the the first Crimson album would have continued the way it goes up until the first fast riff..and after the slaughter of "Alive Again" in Terrorizer mag..I am prepared!! C2 is not for deathmetal fans. It for people that like music and some brutal aswell....

Oh hell, this is no big deal. I wouldn't say this is shocking at all, just a couple young twits on a message board yelling "GOTHENGAY" in all caps and whatnot.

The two minute clip sounds very promising, can't wait to give my own review of the whole cd. :)

As for Terrorizer slaughtering Alive Again, is this b/c they are a heavy music magazine? I am not familiar with Terrorizer. Alive Again was awesome, of course.

Yeah, U ther, mezar, well, they say its bad, but, the guy that posted it, did u saw?
"Oh, wehre can I find a 2 minute blá blah blá..."
and some other also liked the the part, and others, are just neutral, and like Cerebus already told, we all have diferent tastes, for me Crimson 1 is just awesome! the bigger and the most dear music to me, but my brother just dont like it, so what? my opinion about the music I listen is important to me! :hotjump: :D :yow: o_O :Spin:

heheh, see ya!

Dan Swanö said:
What can I say...It's not really a deathmetal album afterall. What I don't like about Crimson 1 is that it sounds like a deathmetal album in parts. I wanted Crimson 1 to be "death-metal-free" but the others hated the idea and kept adding boring chunky riffs and "forced" me to write "classic" EOS riffs. If I had been the one to decide, the the first Crimson album would have continued the way it goes up until the first fast riff..and after the slaughter of "Alive Again" in Terrorizer mag..I am prepared!! C2 is not for deathmetal fans. It for people that like music and some brutal aswell....

Dan, does this mean C2 is going to be exactly the way YOU wanted it to be as opposed to having to sacrifice a bit because the EOS guys wanted to? I for one look forward to YOUR type of Crimson 2. I do love Crimson 1 but the last 2 years or so I've been a bigger fan of your Moontower work.

Also, I'd like to know what Terrorizer had to say about Alive Again. Can you provide us with a link or something?

Thanks and good luck!

When Dan had first said this wasn't a deathmetal album, I got a little worried. That's what I full well expected and wanted from this album. BUT, Mez, you bring up a great point. C2 will be just how Dan wanted it done. I remember him saying at one point that it would all go quickly because he knew exactly how he wanted it.

But is this not the first album since Moontower that Dan was completely free with? Maybe even only his second ever? Anyway, now I'm looking forward to it all the more.

I wonder how will C2 be received by the masses.
I have no expectations for it so far,I am just gonna listen to it a few times and then decide

Dan Swanö said:
All I can say Dan is that I love Crimson II. One of my favs of the year.

I didn't like the clip and was disappointed...but all my fears have been put to rest by the actual album, which owns an incredible amount...and now that I can hear the clip in context with the rest of the album it fits nicely, and I enjoy it...that 2 min clip was almost a waste of time IMO, you need the whole album to be able to judge properly.

Terrorizer slaughtered "I" as well though, didn't they? They said it was something like a poor pub rock record. I think, generally, it's not to do with them being an extreme music magazine per se, more that their writers are less aware of where the records are coming from. Then again, as has been said, it's all opinion.

How anyone can call an album melodic in a derogative tone, when it's predecessor was also incredibly melodic is beyond me.

dans vocals sound pretty deathmetal too me which are damn brilliant. I bet the guy saying this shit hasnt heard moontower you need to hear that and pan thy monium to really see dans musical genius. I hope dan does another solo album soon.

I don't really trust anything from metal rules anyway since if it doesn't sound like manowar, the board will rip it apart. The staff reviews are a matter of opinion, though, but the messageboard is full of "I'm more metal then you" people.

Dmanx Pit said:
I don't really trust anything from metal rules anyway since if it doesn't sound like manowar, the board will rip it apart. The staff reviews are a matter of opinion, though, but the messageboard is full of "I'm more metal then you" people.

Did they like EoS's Manowar cover? :p

Well, on Crimson II there are some hell chunk riffs but they definitely aren't boring riffs. And anyone who calls it "overly melodic" obviously doesn't know a lot about music. Dan said awhile back on this board that he prefers the happier sounding stuff instead of music like Opeth, and well Crimson II is agressive, uplifting and the melodies fit perfectly. So anyone who knocks Crimson II, I think is just jealous because they will never have the talent that it takes to write music like Crimson II.