Slightly worried about Deliverance because of the negative comments

I can't believe there are Opeth fans who were disappointed in Blackwater Park. I thought it was a masterpiece. I love Morning Rise, Still Life and Blackwater Park, they are like three of the best cds going. I love Orchid also. I think My Arms, Your Hearse is very good, but it seems to be a level below the other 4. I haven't heard Deliverence yet, but I would be shocked if I didn't absolutely love it. Opeth has yet to disappoint me.

Deliverance is great, and so is BWP for that matter, but they certainly aren't at the same level as the truly immortal MAYH.

Opeth are becoming better players but they are becoming less structurally progressive.

Satori

i have to say that i really like Deliverance. it's not my favourite Opeth album and probably won't ever be, but i certainly prefer it over BWP. and yes, i also love A Fair Judgement... but i can't decide whether it's my favourite song on the album ;)

btw, i'm new here, so hello to you all :)

i dont get this at all. people (satori for example) claim that deliverance is to straight forward and lacking yet still praise MAYH. MAYH is easily the most straightforward and least progressive opeth cd. i love that album, but i can admit it isn't nearly as technical or progressive as morningrise or still life. it seems that i can more readily tie many of the things said about deliverance to MAYH, including the "heaviness" factor.