The phase went crazy with the lights off???

May 12, 2005
Sweden
www.egonaut.se
Hi folks! Im currently in mid recording of the Ablaze album and we're tracking the guitars now.
The setup I use is my brand new LP Custom, Powerball, ENGL cab w V30 miked with SM58-57 "fredman style" and a E609 on another speaker...

Listening to the recordings today I noticed that the phase from the SM57 had changed 180 degrees on one track, whilst it's still in phase on the songs i cut before and after. WTF could have brought this on?
The only thing I can think of is that the lights were off in the cabroom during that tracking but should that matter at all??

Any ideas???

Fredrik-Ablaze said:
Hi folks! Im currently in mid recording of the Ablaze album and we're tracking the guitars now.
The setup I use is my brand new LP Custom, Powerball, ENGL cab w V30 miked with SM58-57 "fredman style" and a E609 on another speaker...

Listening to the recordings today I noticed that the phase from the SM57 had changed 180 degrees on one track, whilst it's still in phase on the songs i cut before and after. WTF could have brought this on?
The only thing I can think of is that the lights were off in the cabroom during that tracking but should that matter at all??

Any ideas???

Tough one. I only had a problem with DC offset as I used the "ground lift" on my pre-amp, but a totally changed phase?

btw, what's the Fredman style?