The Phil Anselmo thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is getting me all flustered. Let's stop talking about proto-mallcore and talk about post-mallcore!

I'll start...

Metallica

Pantera are ok, but quickly get boring. They were never nu-metal. I've heard Down, but bluesy "southern" metal isn't my cup of tea. I've never heard Superjoint Ritual, nor do I have any interest in doing so.

genocide roach said:
you didnt give me anything to comment on about megadeth "faggot"

megadeth/dave mustaine is nothing but a means to whine about stupid fuckin shit while playing halfed ass/boring riffs. can we say limp bizkit?
megadeth= teen angst of the early 90s
korn/limp bizkit= teen angst of the new millenium
~gR~

Your a fucking retard, Mustaine is one of the most influencial and talented thrash artists ever, Rust in Peace is irreplacable, his lyrics are hilarious, i mean common do you actually take him seriously when he say, "Pull over shit head, its the cops!" or "You Red White and Blew it!" The new album is really damn good. But to keep with the topic, I think nu-metal really took off with the Sevendust's self titled album. Mustaine owns your soul, you fuck head

psh. mustaine is a fuckin doped up reject just like anselmo (to tie it all together). when it comes to thrash, ill stick to fuckin kreator and sodom
~gR~

I'm about to jump on to the wrong side of this, I think...

Pantera was about 75% of the genesis of nu-metal, but the Ramones were also the reason for New Wave. You can't blame a good artist when their talentless admirers try to pay tribute. Dimebag is the shit, don't care who you are. The solo in 'Walk' rips.

Anthrax was not good thrash, or at least not after album... ehhh... maybe #3, maybe not even. They were a crap mainstream mockery IMHO, sort of what In Flames is to the Gothenberg/Melo-Death scene.

Mustaine and Anselmo are exactly the same: Junkies who blew all of their talent in their first few years, then became a characature (that's how to spell that, right?) of the 'scene icon' they were.

Ok, there... that's by book report on this thread so far.

Grade?

dude, pantera kick ass anyone who doesnt like them should be raped in the butthole, Pantera, Down and Superjoint are all rad bands, phil is a druggy but nevertheless he is a champ. :kickass:

Genocide roach, you are a fuckin weirdo. Pantera, not matter if they were partially responsible for some guys making shitty music, each and every member was fuckin insanely talented. I don't care what you say, Phil was, and fuckin still is, the best singer ever, followed very closely by Matt Barlow (in my opinion, at least).

The Grimace: Dime's solo in Walk DOES rip, along with every solo he's done on any album.

Megadeth is awesome, I can see why people dislike them (people who can't get past the singing) but they are NOT fuckin nu-metal.

And to the guy who said "I'm The Man" ISN'T a joke, that is so wrong. Look at the lyrics dude, they have a guy fucking up and being hilarious every 20 seconds.

"I'M THE MAN, I'M SO BAD, I SHOULD BE IN DETENTION!!"

Sound serious? If so, imagine it in a hilarious voice, douche.

^Yeah.

Phil Anselmo best singer ever = utterly fucking laughable. I mean, listen to the pre-chorus of "Walk." WHAT FUCKING NOTE IS HE TRYING TO HIT?! Good God.

Anthrax's best album is their fifth, the amazing Persistence of Time. They're probably the worst of the Big Four, but did some damn good stuff.

Down is such a great band. I like that New Orleans blues sound they have in their music and Phil sure is a great vocalist. He has a very capable voice and he's easily able to create some catchy/funky melodies without being mallcore.

Pyrus said:
I mean, listen to the pre-chorus of "Walk." WHAT FUCKING NOTE IS HE TRYING TO HIT?! Good God.
Now Pyrus, that was the lamest argument I've heard in a while. Maybe listening "Walk" again wouldn't harm you. And if you still don't figure it out it's about your poor musicality not Phil's.

Pyrus said:
^Yeah.

Phil Anselmo best singer ever = utterly fucking laughable. I mean, listen to the pre-chorus of "Walk." WHAT FUCKING NOTE IS HE TRYING TO HIT?! Good God.

Anthrax's best album is their fifth, the amazing Persistence of Time. They're probably the worst of the Big Four, but did some damn good stuff.

You're gayer than Mardi-gras

I really like the vocals on CBFH. The other albums vocals are clearly not as good, but its not as if they are unlistenable, not even close.

Since when do metal singers neccessarily have to 'hit notes' in the traditional sense of the phrase. I can't think of any stage, off the top of my head, where on VDOP anselmo tries to 'hit notes' in the vain of something like rob halford. You get examples where singers do try and raise octaves (and so forth) subsequently failing and producing flat, average vocals (see 'Luthor'). But most vocalists don't do this.

The only thing I have heard by Anselmo post Far Beyond Driven is one SJR song which sucked balls. But I don't care about what he does anymore, so good for him for being hated by all of you.

Megadeth rule all the way up till Countdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.