the pic from top ten most ridiculous black metal

Whoa, that Immortal video was so EVIL!

Also seek out their clip "Of Grim And Frostbitten Kingdoms". Another masterpiece.

Nitronium Blood said:
Seriously, what the bloody fuck is going on in that video?!

Running around the forest is tough? I don't see Immortal surviving a day made up like that... in 'da hood'. :D

Actually here were some guys in a city near mine in Sweden (Jönköping for thoose who knows Sweden) that made a black metal video or photo session or something....

One of the guys got arrested when he was on his way home in corpsepaint and sword and stuff. :D

EveOfDarkness said:
holy crap, i never seen the second article before. LOL at the singer from Taake, rocking with his cock n balls out :tickled:

Aha!
So this is what Mikael Åkerfeldt means - cockrock!

:D

I don't think they do take it seriously, though I wouldn't be surprized with some of the bands. I know a lot of the old school BM bands look like DM bands now anyway, because they grew up.

I think they deserve more credit for their humour sometimes, but with some of the bands I think they probably don't even think about it and just dress the way the bands they like do even if those bands actually had a sense of humour and weren't as serious as they came across.

I think Mortiis and Opeth would be good people to ask about this, as they were around the BM crowd a lot but never really took part in it (Opeth especially) but Mortiis is always willing to joke about his involvement in the scene, so I'd like to ask what it was really like at their BM parties, whether they were just kids having fun or if they were actually serious about it 24/7...

But that is a general stereotype of black metal. There were plenty just in it for the music, who probably also wore silly make up and spikes and were too scared of their parents back hand to even spit on a church, let alone burn one. And from reading second hand reports it does seem like some of these guys had a strange sense of humour, even joking about the church burnings and such.

Plus everyone knows how messed up Varg is, so even if he decided to make garage punk he would have taken it too far somehow, just he did it in the name of BM. (Well ok, not in the name of BM by that point, but meh). But I won't believe he is the perfect example of a BMers mindset, seeing how he isn't the perfect example of a human being in the first place!

The point is there is a lot of BM stereotypes when there were only a handful of nutjobs and morons in the scene, as well as a bunch of teenagers making some innovative and cool music. And some not so cool, but tell me a genre that isn't like that?