the pleats saga

Thats funny, Nils' mom seemed to like them when I went to see her last weekend. But then she does like anything that moves so...

This picture says it all.

pleated.jpg

last year my father gave me $400 to go through my mom's closet and throw away all her pleated crap and get her flat front pants. it was like a covert operation from hell. some people are just blind to the horridness.

Ok, a) those pants are white and thus automatically scary
b)they aren't really dress slacks. In that situation pleats do look weird because no other creases on the pants

maybe they'll be 'cool' but that is not the same as 'flattering'. there are a lot of COOL things that look horrible that when asked, i will not recommend for actual wearing azal.

there are some styles of pockets that are just as bad as pleats.

I've tried on non-pleated pants with these specific pockets that give you the nutty professor hips look.

baggycrotch is a solely pleat-induced phenomenon though.

Just thought I would completely round out my apparent bad taste

azal, definitely. pants can still not be flattering even if they're flat front, but there is at least less room for error taking anti-pleat theories into consideration. ya heard?

PLEATWATCH:

I gave 'em back to the guy.
He swiftly identified they were tailored by the cuts.
I played dumb when he showed them to me, grabbing the wrong part of the pants and being like "Are these the hems?" I said I had given them as a gift and "he didn't like them and gave them back to me".
He gave me the refund anyway. as I left his boss was examining the pants. I started running.
Now I am $60 richer, but I feel kind of guilty--this is the only lie I can remember telling in years, and I have a no-lying policy that I violated when he asked, "Did you have these altered?" and I said "No."
hmmm.