The Probably Stoppable MMA Thread

I get the fact that it was a terrible knee and that it would have put out a lot of people. I guess I just expected Bonnar to be a little tougher. I was pretty shocked, definitely an "oh shit" moment.

I definitely think Santos can hold his own in the boxing world. His technique is very crisp and has so much power behind his punches. I would think he is getting paid more in the UFC than a boxing organization, but I really don't know what they are getting paid. I'm sure he made quite a bit for being a coach on TUF also.

i know it's been 2 years but no, to everything you said

Those can be pretty funny. I am very much looking forward to april 27th. CHAEL FOR THE WIN VIA KO IN ROUND 1(SPINNING HEEL KICK).

Be surprised if that happens...

While he only had 1 MMA bout (losing by heel hook), I was a wee bit surprised to see no mention here of Muay Thai legend 'turbine from hell' Ramon 'Diamond' Dekkers' untimely passing. I wore a pair of his Diamond shorts in a fight days after his death.

Last edited by a moderator:
after this fight i expect jones to run through silva but id still have that fight over silva/gsp.

bisping you silly motherfucker
ZMeJSgV.gif

i doubt we'll see jones/silva. sonnen took it to silva like he'd never experienced before, and jones just beat sonnen with his own game. silva is old, he doesnt need the trouble, he'll just keep making random middleweights look like fools for a few more title defenses and retire.

I was at work throughout every one of the fights but chael vs jon. I raced to the bar to see it and I was utterly dismayed. I hate that chael lost and I hope he comes back to dominate Wanderlei and ultimately come back to contendership. He is an inspiration to me as a person and also as a beginner in mma. His character is great and when he knows that it's necessary he lets his true self shine through and there's a good person in there. Between all the trash talk is a legend in one form or another.

I agree, I hated the guy for a long time until I figured out what he's really all about. He's an excellent motivator and promoter and under the shit-talking persona, he's actually a pretty humble and intelligent guy.

I doubt he'll ever contend again, or even beat Wanderlei, but I have no doubts he could have a very successful career as a coach.

i doubt we'll see jones/silva. sonnen took it to silva like he'd never experienced before, and jones just beat sonnen with his own game. silva is old, he doesnt need the trouble, he'll just keep making random middleweights look like fools for a few more title defenses and retire.

Agreed, he's getting on a bit. Though it's worth noting Silva's alleged rib injury coupled wi Sonnen's blatant juicing in their first bout. Similarly in boxing, I wouldn't expect Vitali Klitchko to take on David Haye as he could get into a bit of trouble at his advanced (fighting) age and the fact he's consequently slowed down a bit. Still, here's hoping...

dana said at the post fight presser that silva called him to talk about a super fight. he wouldn't say if silva wanted to fight jones or gsp but since he called right after jones/sonnen im sure it was on-topic.

as for chael, he's my favorite fighter but i knew he didnt have a chance against jones. i didnt expect him to be handled so easily when it came to wrestling though.

Though it's worth noting Silva's alleged rib injury coupled wi Sonnen's blatant juicing in their first bout. Similarly in boxing,
chael was on testosterone replacement therapy, still is.

as for the rematch, sonnen dominated the first round just like he did the first fight, then we had some of this

648895_1.jpg

648016_1.jpg

648016_2.jpg

yea. I like that they actually gave such an in depth update. It's truly a disappointing thing. Would loved to watch him go out on a high note, though I wasn't crazy about him. I feel like there is a void in the UFC roster now.