The Probably Stoppable MMA Thread

hahaha
moron
Diaz did pretty much nothing. He walked forward the whole time. big deal
Condit was smart and landed kick after kick after kick. Also had some great combos
Not sure what the fuck you were watching
Fucking THANK YOU! You are the first person I've read from tonight that saw this fight the way it actually played out. Fucking Diaz fanboys everywhere!

Condit was a far superior MMA fighter tonight.

Good for Condit. It just proves he has the cardio & movement to nullify Nick's stubborn toolset. It's Diaz's own damn fault that it took him so long to figure out that Carlos wasn't about to play his game no matter the taunting and that he needed to take it to the ground (much sooner than he did). This should be a learning experience for him, but to no surprise he's being completely childish and claiming to be done with the sport. Perhaps that scumbag coach of his, Cesar, will realize his meal ticket is about to fly right out the window and finally have enough sense to tell Nick how it truly is. Kinda ironic considering the recent statement that was made about how PJ Penn retiring was a huge waste of talent and that all he needs in some proper guidance.

people forget he got the better of Overeem striking.

:tickled: Where did you get that one from, Roy? He only said that to hype the fight. It's pretty evident he didn't have the foresight to predict just how improved Fabricio's stand up was. Leaps and bounds more confident than the guy we saw last who desperately attempted to pull guard the entire match.

Cesar Gracie... fuck you, you little crybaby.

He clearly won that fight. I've told him, when he lost before, that he has to let it go. But this fight was clear he won. I was shocked, we were all in disbelief, especially with the scores that they read. Every judge had Nick losing that first round. It takes two to make a dog fight and one fighter running away does not make it a dog fight. In my opinion, I don't think the judges like Nick. He talks in the ring and Nick slapped Carlos at one point in the face and told him to quit running. The judges have never liked Nick in Vegas, they don't like his attitude. He nearly had to kill B.J. Penn (at UFC 137) to earn that decision. I think they think he is disrespectful and they are going to find a way to go against him. I don't know what fight they were looking at. I literally thought they had mixed up the fighters names when they read the score. Everybody was confident that Nick won that fight.

I haven't talked to him about it (retiring). I would hate to see that. He is not just fighting his opponent, he is fighting the judges that do not like him. The whole judging criteria is so flawed, they don't answer to no one they are not reviewed and they will never be fired. They are making decisions that are ruining the sport and are ridiculous and no one is going to get them out of there. You have incompetent judges that do not even know anything about this sport. The criteria makes no sense and it is insane. I can understand Nick's frustration. We can have a rematch, sure, set up a rematch, but if it is with the same judges how are we going to win? I don't know how they had him losing that first round. After the fight, an actual official from Nevada came up to me and told me, you should have Nick box, because in boxing, they will still rob you, but he is still going to walk away with millions and millions of dollars.

What a whiner. Fuck him, and fuck Nick Diaz and his crybaby retirement (the sport doesn't need your shit either). I hope he never comes back.

Why can't they just admit they got beat? Nick should just take to street fighting if he gets sad that people don't want to play into his pitter patter boxing game.

Diaz won rounds 1,2 and 5. But I guess octagon control is a myth. Conduit running away is not foot work. Baby leg kicks are not effective strikes. Diaz went for more combinations, pushed the pace of the fight, controlled the octagon, and went for takedowns with one being successful, and had his opponent's back going for the rear naked choke or an arm lock. Conduit had zero takedown attempts, never had Diaz's back, and never was in a position that he was the aggressor. Nick Diaz won and he is one of the last true fighters left in the sport.

Curious as a guy who's only been mildly into mma and the ufc for maybe a year or so now, what are the greatest fights in your opinions? any that I should look up?

EDIT: other than Bonnar - Griffin. yea.

Diaz won rounds 1,2 and 5. But I guess octagon control is a myth. Conduit running away is not foot work. Baby leg kicks are not effective strikes. Diaz went for more combinations, pushed the pace of the fight, controlled the octagon, and went for takedowns with one being successful, and had his opponent's back going for the rear naked choke or an arm lock. Conduit had zero takedown attempts, never had Diaz's back, and never was in a position that he was the aggressor. Nick Diaz won and he is one of the last true fighters left in the sport.
Condit.

Curious as a guy who's only been mildly into mma and the ufc for maybe a year or so now, what are the greatest fights in your opinions? any that I should look up?

EDIT: other than Bonnar - Griffin. yea.
Just go back to the beginning and watch the evolution of the sport. Start with UFC 1 and don't forget all the Pride fights from Japan too.

I've seen most of the beginnings. Basically sparked from my interest in Tank, Shamrock, and Gracie.

I was just curious of the matches that aren't talked about as much as the quote unquote staples of the sport.

All right cool. Gimme a few and I'll post some of my favorites.

Off the top of my head, definitely watch Melvin Manhoef vs Cyborg Evangelista. It's an older fight and more one dimensional than what you see nowadays, but still a complete dog fight to the very end. To call this an epic battle would be an understatement.

Last edited by a moderator:

An even better Evangelista fight imo. Gotta be my favorite Diaz fight as well.

joe rogan's announcing partner says dumb shit sometimes, and bruce buffer is pretty over the top, but every time i watch non-ufc fights i totally miss them. these guys suck.

There's this guy that announces all the K1 kickboxing fights and he's awesome. He's a got a unique voice and he knows his shit. He's actually entertaining to listen to. Let me see if I can dig up a good clip.

edit: here we go, he's the dude that starts talking first. I could see how some might say his voice is annoying, but I really like his enthusiasm and lack of tag lines.

I know boxing isn't MMA, but if Mayweather and Machiano fight happened, who would win?

Machiano? Did you mean Rocky Marciano? If you did,I assume you mean hypothically but they are from two different eras, not to mention different weight classes. EDIT: Do you also mean Mayweather SENIOR? Or that punk Floyd Mayweather Jr.? You are confusing me :lol:

Oh, I see. Floyd is actually like Conduit in a way that he is a defensive striker, except he has great footwork and it is fun to watch. Manny is fast, quick, and setups up beautiful combos. I am a big Pacman fan, but I feel that Floyd would win the judges decision just like Conduit did, playing a safe defensive game. (btw, I HATE Floyd Mayweather Jr.)

Right. Conduit.

Watch this highlight video of the fight and tell me you still think "the natural born killer" won. There's also talk about a rematch in the works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMLRPl4eZls&feature=player_embedded

Edit: Carlos agrees to rematch. Looks like paper works is all that is left.
Look, Attitudes... you can show me all the highlight videos you want, but the fact of the matter is within the context of MMA and it's rule set and scoring, Condit won this fight. Of course this can be argued to death, and to be completely honest I'm pretty tired of it. Nobody is changing anybody's opinions about anything so what is the point?

I think it was fairly obvious that Condit fought more intelligently and better overall, but of course that's subjective. I just think Diaz could have and should have done more to win the fight. Instead he complained that Condit was running away the whole time and threw his hands up in the air and talked his typical Diaz shit talk, which Condit didn't get succored into reacting to. I fail to see how backing out of a corner and landing combos on the way out, only to reset in the center of the ring and do it all again constitutes "running away" but like I said, whatever.

In a backyard brawl, I bet Diaz wins. In an MMA fight, Condit is better.