The Probably Stoppable MMA Thread

no excuses or whining, class act! that was a weird fight, ive definitely seen numerous fights stopped when someone looks like kongo did there, i think we need a rematch!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that shit blew me away for sure! Watch Barry's right foot after he goes down... that foot is broken and in a cast now because of the KO.

Also, I think any other ref probably would have stopped that fight when Kongo was on his knees unconscious and taking punches with his hands down. Not sure why this one didn't, but I'm sure glad he didn't. What an awesome battle. Kongo has far more heart than I ever gave him credit for in the past.

pat_barry_wheelchair.jpg

I don't like Lesnar either, but don't hate him. I'm stoked for Cain v. Dos Santos, that is going to be a great fight. Even though Junior's boxing is out of this world, if Cain takes it to the ground I think he can out-wrestle Junior, and maybe even submit him.

if that was true he'd be boxing. making real money

The Barry vs. Kongo was insane! I feel kinda bad for Pat, but goddamn good job on the ref's part for not stopping the fight.

if that was true he'd be boxing. making real money

I definitely think Santos can hold his own in the boxing world. His technique is very crisp and has so much power behind his punches. I would think he is getting paid more in the UFC than a boxing organization, but I really don't know what they are getting paid. I'm sure he made quite a bit for being a coach on TUF also.

anyone know where I can watch UFC 132 for free online?

Torrents on Piratebay.

UFC 136 was the most exciting fight card I think I have seen in two years. Joe Lauzon has become the premier submission artists of the UFC (lol at cocky melvin gullard), phan vs. garcia was an exciting brawl, Chael Sonnen is a force to be reckoned with and is the most interesting personality in all of sports, and Frankie Edgar is Rocky Balboa (and probably best pound for pound fighter). Great night for fights!

yeah, some good stuff on that card for sure.

Lauzon is so awesome. Not too sure why Guillard wasn't protecting his back there. Was he really still rocked from that straight left? Regardless, it's slightly idiotic to do that in a pro fight, let alone against a jiu-jitsu wizard like Lauzon. Just proves that submission defense is still Guillard's achilles heel.

I want Sonnen to beat Silva sooooooo bad! Imagine the shit that will come out of that dude's mouth once he's champion. hahhahhaha! Did you hear he said he's going to smack Anderson's wife on the ass and then make her cook him a steak, medium rare... just how he likes it? I died so hard when I read that hahaha

man in that first sonnen/silva fight he was putting on a clinic of how to beat the hell out of someone for 4.9 rounds and i was loving every second till that last moment choke sonnen shoved his neck into :bah: what a fluke! we NEED a rematch! cmon anderson, do eet!!

I want Sonnen to beat Silva sooooooo bad! Imagine the shit that will come out of that dude's mouth once he's champion. hahhahhaha! Did you hear he said he's going to smack Anderson's wife on the ass and then make her cook him a steak, medium rare... just how he likes it? I died so hard when I read that hahaha

Haha, yeah everything he says is golden. And didn't you already know, he is the "People's Middleweight Champ"? :lol: He is the only fighter I make sure I watch every interview (for a good laugh, check this website out) I'm a little surprised to hear you say you want Anderson to get beat badly. If I remember correctly, I thought you were a fan of his? Anyways, I absolutely side with you, I want Chael to finish him off, and I know he can.

man in that first sonnen/silva fight he was putting on a clinic of how to beat the hell out of someone for 4.9 rounds and i was loving every second till that last moment choke sonnen shoved his neck into :bah: what a fluke! we NEED a rematch! cmon anderson, do eet!!

Chael gave him a beating for 23 minutes, but all said and done Anderson won fairly. Sucks, but at the same time I don't think Anderson deserves to be called the best middleweight until the rematch.

Oh, the rematch will happen for sure, if not immediately. Did you catch the post-fight interview?? There's no way Dana is passing up on the massive amounts off PPV sells because there is so much hype behind this fight now.

If I remember correctly, I thought you were a fan of his?
I was and still am, I think he's very exciting and fun to watch, but he's been champ forever and it's getting kind of boring watching him beat people that really have nothing to offer him as far as a challenge is concerned. Of course Chael will be a different story just like last time, but other than that, Silva has pretty much coasted through the rest of the division.

I want Chael to win simply because it'd be a nice change to have a different middleweight champ, especially one the likes of Sonnen, who will most definitely provide plenty of colorful commentary once the belt is strapped around his waist.

What interests me most however, is if he's really serious about leaving the UFC if he loses. I don't think he would.

Hahaha

Also, there are sooo many great fights on the horizon. Miller/Bisping, Overeem/Lesnar, Bendo/Edgar, Nate Diaz / Cerrone, Nick Diaz / GSP , Lauzon/Pettis, Mir/Nog, and POSSIBLY Sonnen/Silvia rematch.

You shouldn't be going around the internet posting such uneducated statements. You must be from Brazil. Do they even have computers there??

I have to hand it to Sonnen, he knows how to attract dumbasses such as yourself who should be watching WWE instead of MMA. I'd suggest you read both this and this to "educate" yourself, but you seem like the kind of tool-bag who thinks it's cool to be stupid.

P.S. You obviously aren't playing with a full deck, so I'll give you one on the house. You should retort by saying something about how Silva fans are a bunch of Nancy boys who should be on the Justin Bieber forum instead of Ultimate Metal.

And this is the guy that still has way more testosterone naturally than Sonnen.
facepalm.gif

Chael Sonnen wins the rematch and tests clean. Mark my words.

He made a mistake in the last fight. He pounded Silva's fucking face in for 4 and a half rounds (not to mention he dropped him with punches), and don't give me the "Silva had broken ribs" argument because it's irrelevant. You can't make any mistakes against a guy like Silva, though. All Sonnen has to do is not get careless.

As far as the WWE shit is concerned, I hate how that's what the UFC is turning into production and promotion wise, but it's the way it is and you gotta deal with it if you want to watch the fights. I don't think Chael is a bad guy under it all. He just knows how to get under people's skin and he exploits it. He says shit like "ban the triangle choke, the refuge of cowards everywhere" and "Who says I was submitted? Did you see that happen? Who are you gonna believe? ME or your lyin’ eyes?" How could anyone think he's real for real when he says that kind of shit? I think he's smart, extremely witty, and hilarious and also has the tools to beat Silva for sure if he doesn't fuck up.

BlueSky, stop taking it all so seriously. It's entertainment now. The only thing even remotely "martial arts" in it's true form about MMA and the UFC anymore is that it's part of the sports' acronym.

http://chaelsonnensaidso.com/

Perfect example of my point:

“You can talk mixed martial arts and you can bow and can do all this crap you see in the movies, but when you’re done with it and the guy in the shark suit gets done saying our names and gets the heck outta the ring, I’m gonna get in a fist fight on Saturday night in Oakland, California.”

I don't think Chael is a bad guy under it all.
You sure about that?

He just knows how to get under people's skin and he exploits it. think he's smart, extremely witty, and hilarious and also has the tools to beat Silva for sure if he doesn't fuck up.

Right, he's good at keeping himself relevant by being a manipulator. As a fighter, he's one dimensional and if he thinks he's going to lay on Silva for another five rounds, then he's got another thing coming. Mark my words.

Either way the dude doesn't deserve to face Silva by beating one mid-tier like Stann right after being suspended for a year for testosterone replacement therapy. Let's just see if he can survive Munoz first. Now Hendo is someone who actually deserves another shot right now if he decides to go for the 185 belt. It also makes the most sense considering they should both be healed up and ready to fight around the same time. Still I think if anything is going to stop Silva, it's going to be him getting tripped up on his own ego about retaining the belt.