The Probably Stoppable MMA Thread

UFC 113 was very good! By the way, are there better sites that stream UFC fights than mma-core? Their server is very slow and videos always get removed, so what sites do you go to, assuming you don't do the pay-per-view thing?

I'd be interested in that too, are there any sites that stream past ufc stuff? and also is there a ton of filler and talking like WWF style stuff or do they just get straight to fighting? I'm thinking about getting into watching some of it but I don't want to deal with any of the stuff besides just the straight fights (preferably ones with good muay thai and not a lot of ground work if those of you that are more into it know of any specific ones that were really good)

sometimes the ground stuff is cool and I like the fact that there's a lot of versatility in MMA such as they have to be careful to avoid being easily taken down and out, I just don't like it when 10 seconds in they go to the ground and spend the entire match just slowly wrestling and throwing occasional punches. Straight up just Muay thai isn't bad but I like seeing variation and people doing different things/strategies.

but I like seeing variation and people doing different things/strategies.
If that were true, you wouldn't get bored watching it when they went to the ground.

The ground game is 99% strategy and out-thinking your opponent. Unfortunately, it also bores most people.

To give you a legit answer though, watch any of Georges St. Pierre's fights from the past two or three years. That guy combines effective striking with fast level changes and takedowns better than anyone else in the game.

yeah I know it's all strategy I've just never gotten into ground at all haha, maybe someday I will. I've seen a few fights with that guy and he seems like he seriously trains like crazy and has insane drive to be the best so I'll definitely check out his fights if I can find them, thanks.

Last night Jason David Frank had his 4th Amateur MMA Fight with the UWC. He usually fights Light Heavyweight but his opponent was injured and a replacement was selected. Some guy that outweighs him by almost 70lbs, clearly a Heavyweight class fighter. JDF went with it and kept his undefeated streak alive by causing this big goon to tap with an arm bar 24 SECONDS IN TO THE FIGHT

OMGAWD

i didnt see this fight, but ive seen several of his 'recent' ones, and none of those dudes seem to compare to the top couple heavyweights in ufc. supposedly dana white offers him all this money all the time and he wont come over. was he protecting his record by avoiding the best, or is he just so bad that he makes people look like bums?

Fedor won't come to the UFC because his handlers won't let him. They won't do any sort of business with the UFC unless they can co-promote. No M-1 affiliation = no Fedor. Also, don't forget that Fabricio Werdum IS one of the best heavyweights out there, whether he's in the UFC or not. He was cut prematurely from the UFC I believe... after only one loss. Wtf? He's done nothing but beat ass since then.

That said, I think Fedor would get beat in the UFC too, and I don't think he needs to go there to prove anything. This guy beat a prime Cro-cop, a prime Nogueira (twice), a prime Mark Hunt, and a vertible who's who of "at that time" top fighters in the game. Everyone's pissed he's not in the UFC but at this point I do think it'd be detrimental to his career. The UFC is the #1 breeding ground for the evolved mixed martial artist, fighters who excel in every aspect and are more athletic and naturally gifted than Fedor ever was.

I think the simple fact of the matter is that time is finally catching up to him. He's still deadly and one of the best, but he's also aging. At this point he should do whatever he wants. If he wants to cement a legacy, he should fuck off from his handlers and do what he wants. If he wants to retire, he would go out as the first official "best ever". I just hope to god he doesn't let his management fuck him around and keep him fighting only once a year in order to make the cash.

What I REALLY want... is an instant rematch with Werdum. Werdum has said emphatically already that he's down with a rematch.