The Probably Stoppable MMA Thread

The ugly ones got cut. Rumor is they both said they thought Koscheck was faking his injury in the Rumble fight. As long as Arrianny stays around, I'm cool. That girl needs to get naked on camera already.

Even though both girls were right when they said Koscheck faked his sore eye, they shouldn't be saying that to the media where the UFC president can easily find out about their interview. From a different source, they say some ex playboy centerfold chick has replaced one of the girls already.

Their Video interview:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Turmoil-in-Octagon-Girl-ville-Logan-and-Natasha?urn=mma,209626

Goodbye Logan, and your fucked up finger :lol:
Logan-finger.gif

Today I watch all of Strikeforce Evolution from Sunday just gone, and fuck they had some good fights on that event!

I won't say the results, video's are easily found all over the net. But this was the main card from that night:

CUNG LE (6-0) VS SCOTT SMITH (17-6)
JOSH THOMSON (16-2) VS GILBERT MELENDEZ (16-2)
RONALDO "JACARE" SOUZA (10-2) VS MATT "THE LAW" LINDLAND (21-6)
MUHAMMED "KING MO" LAWAL (5-0) VS "IRON" MIKE WHITEHEAD

Here's the fight video of Cung Le Vs Scott Smith... This is a good example of when you're losing by miles, anything can happen.

http://www.blitzcorner.com/MMA/Cung-Le-vs-Smith-Strikeforce-evolution-video

I hope this fight makes everyone STFU about Cung Le being the guy to beat Anderson Silva now. Le's hands are non-existent. Nothing but flashy kicks. Movie kicks.

If you're a jiu-jitsu nut like me, the best fight on that card was Jacare vs Lindland. One of the better mostly grappling MMA fights I've seen in a while. Good stuff!

I'm so pumped, late this month there's going to be a Muay Thai 3 hour seminar by this guy that I signed up for, it's going to be so fucking intense!:
http://www.fightandfitness.com/about.htm

This combined with the fact that I've been taking 2 classes a day (I've been off school for a month, fuck yeah winter break!) has made me so much better, I can't believe how much one can improve in something if you just put all the time and effort you can into it. I never would've believed that my conditioning/technique would get to where it is now. Soon my gym is also going to have a new Hapkido class which I'm going to take combined with some knife and stick fighting, so pumped!

Alistair Overeem. Dude is a roided up, Eddie Winslow looking, straight up murderer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a very avid follower of MMA but it seems like the most common things used are Muay Thai and BJJ, how come people don't use more obscure arts like Pankration, Sambo and shit like that? I know Fedor used Sambo and I'd imagine using an art people don't know about would be pretty effective because people wouldn't be as familiar with it or know how to counter it, they'd just be relying off their own training and not between the association (if they're trained in bjj and get attacked by a bjj attack they know what to do but if it's something random it'd have a huge element of surprise). Having someone come at you with something totally unique that you don't know how to deal with would really fuck with your game and defense. I want to try different martial arts but it's so hard finding places that offer the more obscure ones; the most obscure I could find was a place downtown that offers Krav Maga (super expensive though, $120 a month) but that's not really for use in the ring haha.

The thing is, those other "arts" you mentioned aren't as unknown as you seem to think they are. The reason the arts like BJJ and Muay Thai (and especially wrestling) are so prevalent in MMA is because they are the ones that work best in a real fighting scenario. These guys have been training their entire lives and they don't overlook anything. Most professional fighters DO know how to deal with attacks from other arts because they train for it, but most professional fighters also know that most of them never work to begin with, so they don't even try. They stick with what works, which is wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, jiu-jitsu, and muay thai.

For someone that's only ever trained in one or two arts, of course they'll be surprised with things in an MMA fight. They also won't last long in MMA.

lol
who is that?

anyone seen the commercial that has GSP in it. I think it's UnderArmor

stupid commercial but some of those training methods are badass and GSP is still the shit. Those agility drills like jumping hurdles and pushing weights I've done in the gym before and damn they're a workout haha. It sucks because I can only go to gyms nice enough to use cool shit like GTS, TRX, kettle bells and reactive training implements maybe twice a week; otherwise I'm stuck in my apartments gym which just has a bench, free weights and a shitty combo cable machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I officially hate Anderson Silva now and will be absolutely ecstatic when the day comes that his stupid, cocky mug finally gets knocked out cold and limp.

I officially hate Anderson Silva now and will be absolutely ecstatic when the day comes that his stupid, cocky mug finally gets knocked out cold and limp.

^Yeah, wtf was up with him? Seriously embarassing performance from him also. He didn't do anything during that fight to justify parading around like a fool.

And how about Frankie Edgar? Wow, I must say I was very surprised with his performance against BJ. He made Penn look sluggish and he had a couple of great takedowns.

Edgar looked awesome, I like the kid and hope he stays champ for a while.

Now, to the real reason I'm posting in this thread tonight.

arianny-celeste_l1.jpg
arianny-celeste_l2.jpg

Hi :oops: