The Prodigy molded into metal! Mixed & mastered

kostein

New Metal Member
Aug 20, 2010
A friend of mine gave me the idea of covering Breathe by The Prodigy and I thought it would be really cool to try and make a metal cover. :D

Drums are SD 2.0 TMF, bass is Trillian - I didn't have my bass around because I left it at a friend's house, guitar is my Schecter C7 going through the Axe FX and straight into Cubase.

How does it sound to you guys, is there something that would make it sound better?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll re-record the guitars when I have time. Is there anything else that can be improved upon?

You blended a kick didn't you? Make sure to eliminate latency in such situations, as you can clearly hear a sharp attack followed by the bulk of the kick (to explain it a bit more, it sounds like two hits instead of one).

You blended a kick didn't you? Make sure to eliminate latency in such situations, as you can clearly hear a sharp attack followed by the bulk of the kick (to explain it a bit more, it sounds like two hits instead of one).

I didn't blend a kick although I have used parallel compression. I think that's what making the kick sound like that.