• Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Invaders Must Die

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

-CC-

Something in My Eye
Jan 12, 2009
So, a couple of days ago I found out The Prodigy released a new album..like 8 months ago!!!! Anyway, I was a huge fan of Prodigy back in the mid-90s so I'm glad to see they are still kicking it..the album isn't too bad, but it definitely isn't anywhere near as good as their first 3 albums IMO

Anyway, I'd like to see what you guys think is their best album (that is, if you like them at all)

My personal favorite would have to be The Fat of the Land with Music for the Jilted Generation a close second

I'm not really familiar enough with them to vote, but MftJG seems a really solid/satisfying album from what I've heard. On the other hand, there are a few very memorable songs on TFotL that I'd take over any given track on MftJG.

Jilted Generation was pretty much my introduction to electronic dance music when it came out, it was the first album I heard that I liked straight away. So yes much respect and it's definitely my fave. By the time Fat of the Land came out I'd moved on, but there's still some good stuff on it, same with Always Outnumbered. Haven't heard the new one yet.

The new album has about 5 good songs on it, with three of those being songs that I will probably consider Prodigy classics when they have aged..those being "Thunder", "Omen", and "Take Me To The Hospital" (and "Omen Reprise" i suppose, not really a song as much as an interlude)

as for the rest of the album - pretty meh...it invokes too much Outnumbered/gunned which was probably their most mediocre album as it was way too cheerful for a Prodigy album..I always loved how the old albums managed to combine the elements of groove and ominousness...at least Invaders Must Die tried to bring back that dark sound, if only a little at least