The Prog-Power VI Band Setlist Topic

Aug 31, 2004
Just a little over a month out from the festival now.....so I thought I would make this topic.

Here's where we can post recent set lists from bands playing next month. If you're like me, you like to have an idea of what a band will be playing before you see them, especially if it's a band you don't know. I really don't like going to see bands and not knowing their material, so looking at setlists is a good way to get some kind of idea of what they will be playing.

Obviously.....this doesn't apply to some bands (i.e. Conception possibly) who haven't played any dates recently, but for those who have.....post away! :D

Where is that song from?

Actually, I prefer not to know setlists unless I don't know a band, so I can have an idea of what albums I need to get. Nothing worse than buying an album, arriving at the show, and then they play everything but that album!

But generally I like to be surprised.

From what I've read around here, "Under a Mourning Star" and "Roll the Fire" are definites. That's about it. So with another 80 minutes to kill, should be a lot of surprises. I'm hoping they concentrate on the uptempo songs and pure ballads. Those plodding songs of theirs bore me to tears. But they seriously rock out on the above mentioned songs and the ballads are as sweet as they come.

adaher said:
Where is that song from?

Actually, I prefer not to know setlists unless I don't know a band, so I can have an idea of what albums I need to get. Nothing worse than buying an album, arriving at the show, and then they play everything but that album!

But generally I like to be surprised.

uhuh......but there are a very very small number of bands that I know all the material of so that I would just go and be "surprised," and none of them are playing Prog-Power this year. I worked out adding 'Visions' and 'Episode' to my Stratovarius collection, since that's what most of their fan-poll came from. I did the same thing with the Angra set posted recently, but didn't buy any albums from it, although I already bought 'Temple Of Shadows,' which most of their set comes from.

Anyway......let's try to steer this back to what it was intended for. It's not the "what you wish they will play thread." >_>

From what I've seen of Symphorce live reviews, they always seem to open up with either Speak My Mind or Fallen and close with Slow Down. However, Unbroken, Tears, Two Seconds to Live, and Cause of Laughter I've found in set lists...we'll just have to see what they'll include in their limited set time at ProgPower, seeing as how they're touring for a new album then.

Stratovarius? check out their song poll, I'm sure you can get a decent idea of what they're playing.

Pink Cream 69 I found a few setlists online. Plenty of stuff from the new album (looks like their traditional closer is "Gods Come Together") and they play some other good ones off others like Keep Your Eye on Twisted and Seas of Madness.

Not into any of the other bands enough yet to really care too much what they play.

I did a bit of research myself and came up with quite a few. I thought I would post them here for the benefit of the rest of you guys.

www.antenna.nu said:
Manticora's Setlist:
01. Intro [A Gathering of Pilgrims]
02. Melancholic
03. Cantos
04. Private Hell
05. A Long Farewell
06. King of the Absurd
07. Shadows with Tales to Tell
08. Keeper of Time - Eternal Champion

www.metalstorm.ee said:
Angra Set List:

Inro. Gate XIII/Deus Le Volt
01. Spread Your Fire
02. Waiting Silence
03. Acid Rain
04. Nothing To Say
05. Carolina IV
06. No Pain For The Dead
07. Angels And Demons
08. Never Understand
09. Wishing Well
10. Millennium Sun
11. Aquiles Drums Solo
12. Temple Of Hate
13. Heroes Of Sand
14. Rebirth
15. The Shadow Hunter
16. Angels Cry
17. Carry On
18. Nova Era
19. Panter Medley
20. Rainning Blood

www.rockersdigest.com said:
Symphorce set list:
Fallen / Whatever Hate Provides / Tears / Touched & Infected / Two Seconds To Live / Nice Dreams / Cause Of Laughter / Slow Down

www.metalstorm.ee said:
Setlist Orphaned Land:

Ocean Land
El Meod Na’ala
The Kiss Of Babylon
Seasons Unite
Birth Of The Three
A Neverending Way
Norra El Norra
Ornaments Of Gold

www.rockersdigest.com said:
Therion set list:
The Blood Of Kingu / Uthark Runa / Asgard / Seven Secrets Of The Sphinx / Crowning Of Atlantis / Typhon / Schwarzalbenheim / Ginnungagap / In Remembrance / Wild Hunt / The Invincible / Melez / Rise Of Sodom & Gomorrah / The Khlysti Evangelist / Siren Of The Woods

In case anyone else still missed them before, you can still see the results of the Stratovarius fan poll set list here. Obviously it will be adjusted, but it's a general idea, as are the other set lists.

http://www.stratovarius.com/forum/songpoll.pl

I hope those don't end up being the setlists at Progpower. All of them leave out really important songs, IMO.

Symphorce has to play Across the Plains and Until the Last. Looks like only new stuff in that set list.

Therion is forgetting Son of the Sun and Voyage of Gurdjieff.

adaher said:
Therion is forgetting Son of the Sun and Voyage of Gurdjieff.

Here's a Therion set list I found from another date.

www.statikmajik.com said:
- Flesh of the gods
- The crowning of Atlantis
- Son of the sun
- The siren of the woods
- Seven secrets of the sphinx
- The rise of Sodom and Gomorrah
- In remembrance
- Melez
- Cults of the shadow
- To Mega Therion
- Black Funeral
- Iron Fistp

Also, that's only like half the set list, but the reviewer couldn't remember any more.

As I know Circus Maximus setlist from their 2 earlier concerts in support of their debut album, their ProgPower set is going to be something like this:

[Set]

1 - Sin
2 - Alive
3 - The Propechy
4 - Glory Of The Empire
5 - Why Am I Here
6 - Imperial Destruction

I will check out what songs they play during this weekend at Metal Heart festival (im not going to attend it :(, but I prob get to hear what they play! Diehard fan! :D :D

That setlist their look like something they could've played. You will stay into the music from the second Sin starts! :D

Nice. Yeah....I wasn't really worried about the Circus Maximus set, since they only have their debut, and I bought that. ^_^ More worried about the heavy hitters with fifty some-odd albums. :D

And welcome! I haven't seen you around yet.

I was worried. Worried that they'll waste time with the 1st Chapter when they only have 45 minutes. Then they wouldn't be able to play Glory of the Empire(the best song on the album) unless they played just three or four songs for the whole set.

Now I know Dreamscape did End of Light, but that's okay, because End of Light is a defining song for them and it was the only long one they did. So they got five or six songs in. I don't really think 1st Chapter is going to be for Circus Maximus what End of Light is for Dreamscape. It's a good song, no question, but probably not all they obviously intended it to be. So it's good that they aren't using half their time to play that one.