The Provenance...

Damn, you got first. Yeah, Still At Arms Length is very, very good. Like a mixture of Opeth, Amorphis (the Elegy era), a little prog and a little goth.

Also check out Cult Of Luna's "The Beyond". A masterpiece for all who love Neurosis and Isis. Heavy as a really heavy thing!

I've had this one for a few weeks. It's damn good. I find it to be like maudlin of the Well meets Green Carnation. But regardless of who it's similar to, it's very good.

Originally posted by svenske kocken
Damn, you got first. Yeah, Still At Arms Length is very, very good. Like a mixture of Opeth, Amorphis (the Elegy era), a little prog and a little goth.

I think it's an important thing to note that it doesn't sound like they are at all influenced by Opeth or Amorphis, but it sounds like they are influenced by many of the same older bands, and bringing that influence to life in metal forms... of course it's going to sound a bit like others who have done the same thign.. :)

Yeah...the most likely comparison would be to Green Carnation. While they have interesting ideas like Opeth and Elegy era Amorphis, it sounds nothing like either band. Green Garnation and motW are the only two I would feel safe saying they sound similar to, but not from copying by any means.

yeah its an incredible album. I was really amazed. I read a review from it, which said it was really good. Normally I'm really sceptic against reviews, but because of some interesting talking about how it sounds i was quite interested. so i gave it a go in the shop by listening to it, and was quickly convinced of the quality of this album. Normally already one of my 10 fave albums this year:) although there are some other great bands releasing a CD soon :eek: