The quality of this band is not a matter of your opinion.

No, I'm just saying that those bands usually have a really generic sound, and never do anything creative or original, and they have no intention of doing so. Little artistic integrity. I hate those kind of bands.

Contextualize. Not every band wishes to "reinvent the wheel," so to speak. Can they really be faulted for writing unpretentious, revivalist music with no other intention but to sonically rape you? Perfection within the sphere of convention is still perfection.

A "worthwhile" musical movement enjoying a welcome revival is something to be embraced. We can all use a breath of nostalgia every now and then.

DiscipleOfPlato said:
Contextualize. Not every band wishes to "reinvent the wheel," so to speak. Can they really be faulted for writing unpretentious, revivalist music with no other intention but to sonically rape you? Perfection within the sphere of convention is still perfection.

Good post on all levels.

This stuff isn't bad, but not amazing...I'd like to see where they go though.

No, actually I have reasons such as "hey, in the last thirty years metal bands have gotten a lot better than Black Sabbath, so why listen to a band that's basically Black Sabbath with shitty vocals?".

Cynical said:
No, actually I have reasons such as "hey, in the last thirty years metal bands have gotten a lot better than Black Sabbath, so why listen to a band that's basically Black Sabbath with shitty vocals?".

Case in point: Electric Wizard. Sleep.

I haven't even listened to the band this topic is about yet, though.

Cynical said:

Either way, you're still a pretentious fucktard.

Thraxz said:
Dio made Black Sabbath.

:lol:

The BS with Dio is crap. Dio is great vocalist but BS could not deliver the goods musically. Regardless it does not sound like sabbath, is a disaster, it did not fit,blend somewhat properly. Dio sabbath is not even 2% of what the s/t,MOR are. BS should have broken up after the first 5.

The Greys said:
:lol:

The BS with Dio is crap. Dio is great vocalist but BS could not deliver the goods musically. Regardless it does not sound like sabbath, is a disaster, it did not fit,blend somewhat properly. Dio sabbath is not even 2% of what the s/t,MOR are. BS should have broken up after the first 5.

what

Erik said:
^

CHILDREN OF THE FUCKING SEA YOU IDIOT

HAY ERIK, DID U KNO THAT OZZY OZZY OZZY OZZY WAS BLACK SABBATH'S ONLY VOCALIST? AND THAT THEY ONLY HAVE TEN SONGS? DUUUR DUUUR DAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR..... :oops: