The reissues are out..

Well, to me there is no change :(
I put track from both CDs one right after the other and there is no apparent change (not even in the sound volume).

The changes are the cover (minor and way less crappy than IF deluxe CDs), the booklet and the CD image (there is still the "This is a magic..." sentence on it tough)

I still dont have reedition of The Gallery so I cant comment on it.

Killermik said:
Well, to me there is no change :(
I put track from both CDs one right after the other and there is no apparent change (not even in the sound volume).

The changes are the cover (minor and way less crappy than IF deluxe CDs), the booklet and the CD image (there is still the "This is a magic..." sentence on it tough)

I still dont have reedition of The Gallery so I cant comment on it.

how are the cover, booklet, and cd image different? i'm curious..like a pages artwork different? or just some minor stuff like lyrics?

The booklet is totally different with some kind of old fashioned live pictures in it (if i recall correct, i didnt really pay much attention but i can guarentee it isnt the same than the original one)

Same goes for the CD : there is no more "abstract" thing on it but I think a photo of one of the bandmember (still in an old fashioned way) and the other part is black with the sentence "This is a magic..." beeing the only other thing

As for the cover : it seems a bit smaller with the same graphic and with a black border (this explain why it is smaller). Still a marvellous cover

DTmindNewCD.jpg

I answered because i hate waiting for an answer on a board but i will try and check in 4 hours or so and if i made mistake i will edit my post.

wow, thank you so much for responding!! is there lyrics in there? are there more or less pages in the booklet?

This makes me want to buy these reissues now, more likely buying the gallery one.

If anyone has bought the gallery reissue let me know :) i'm very interested in that too.

The Gallery reissue's booklet is quite different too... Half pages are white, the others are black, little drawings on the sides, regular font, old band pic in the middle, nothing fancy... All the lyrics are in there too... I kinda regret that they didn't keep the wicked red star design on the disc itself... The new one is a dull beige with a little green tree at the bottom (don't ask me why)... As for the production, it seems a bit different from the original but I can't say why! The bonus tracks are fun, I particularly like the Maiden cover. Anyway, BUY IT!!! lol

Sorry.. Forgot to post.. Anyway they weren't selling them yet and didn't know when they'd be getting them.. Oh well I just have to wait or order them from cdon.com..

I agree with TheNever. What's the point? I'm not gonna buy a CD I already own just so I can see new pretty pictures in the jacket and hear an Iron Maiden cover. It would've been really cool to hear The Mind's I remastered. I'd've probably bought that.

ques?ion (again)

On centurymedia.com/shop/dark tranquillity
for sale are the CDs the Gallery and the Mind's I
also available the Gallery and the Mind's I (US Deluxe Release/2005)
Does anyone know if these are the same as the Osmose reissue?
Maybe Century Media and Osmose both reissued these 2 CDs ?

i think they've only been released by osmose in europe. cm is probably distributing the reissues in the states. it's "question", by the way. punctuation doesn't belong in the middle of words.

rahvin said:
i think they've only been released by osmose in europe. cm is probably distributing the reissues in the states. it's "question", by the way. punctuation doesn't belong in the middle of words.

I think you'll find that it does, ocassionally. ;)

rahvin is right as always, I had a vague memory of this:

"During the years, we've been all too aware of the lack of availability of our earlier material in the US, and we've heard from a lot of people about how hard and frustrating it is to have to track down expensive import versions of the older albums in order to get the DARK TRANQUILLITY collections complete."

"We got so much positive response from old and new fans when Century Media licenced the Skydancer (1993) album for the US territory a couple of years ago, so it feels great to finally have The Gallery and The Mind's I enjoying proper stateside distribution as well."

rahvin said:
that's it, i'm enforcing a 3-day ban for all those who contradict me. :mad: and what would such a case be, mr. ben "ocassionally" smartypants?

Always get that one wrong when I'm typing quickly, I know it's supposed to be occasionally ;)

Well, what about words like the French d'Etat, or législateur? Or maybe umlauted words in Swedish or German? Like åke, or snö? Then arguably you have words that have an apostrophe in, like 'you'll'. Looking around, it seems to be agreed that a contraction does count as a word, even if it is the contraction of two. And hyphenated words as well possibly. So, noble judge, jury and banninator, I put it to you that words can in fact have punctuation marks in them! :D