The reissues are out..

Dark_Jester said:
Well, what about words like the French d'Etat, [...] Then arguably you have words that have an apostrophe in, like 'you'll'. Looking around, it seems to be agreed that a contraction does count as a word, even if it is the contraction of two. And hyphenated words as well possibly.

oh, ok. i was ready to rebut to that, as in fact it seems to me they shouldn't count as one word, but if you checked around and found support for your theory, then *fine!!!111* [said with that specific tone that means it's really not fine at all].

or législateur? Or maybe umlauted words in Swedish or German? Like åke, or snö?

are those accents and signs punctuation? again, i won't pretend i know for a fact they're not.

Actually, it's a matter of debate whether they are or not. Some authors on the subject feel that they do count as punctuation, others feel they're in their own category, although my take is that as they are a mark used so as to give emphasis on a particular letter or syllable for pronunciation purposes, that they are punctuation marks.

As for the contractions, that is a major bone of contention, with some saying that as it is just a contraction of two words, it really just counts as two words, whereas others say because it is an understandable collection of characters with a meaning that doesn't depend on the other words in the sentence, then it is a word if we use the definition of word as being a form of communication.

Just starting a debate :D

Dark_Jester said:
whereas others say because it is an understandable collection of characters with a meaning that doesn't depend on the other words in the sentence, then it is a word if we use the definition of word as being a form of communication.

it seems to me that this is stretching it a bit. multi-word idioms would fall in such a category as well and potentially be called words, wouldn't they? i'm sure whatever the other possible definition of word is, i'm gonna like it better. :p

Killermik said:
Well, to me there is no change :(
I put track from both CDs one right after the other and there is no apparent change (not even in the sound volume).

which is strange, since i think i remember someone (kovenan84, maybe?) asking about it and the low volume in particular, and caotico/niklas saying that the sound problems would be taken care of.

now, however, i can't find the search function anywhere(!?), and when i try to go through caotico's user profile and the "read posts by user" function i get a message telling me i "do not have permission to access this page". :guh:

Ques?ion why is ? in the middle of a word a problem -
La Rocque does not understand why some forum member
does not use capital letters - maybe they think they are e e cummings !?!?!?!?!?!?!
IN FACT LA ROCQUE HAS BEEN THINKING OF GOING TO ALL CAPITAL LETTERS -
Enough of the of the syntax bull shit -
I'll never use ? in the middle of a word again if the Gallery and Mind's I were only reissued on Osmose BUT if they were reissued on both Osmose and Century Media
I expect ALL forum members to use capital letters when called for -
Have a nice day -

Dark_Jester said:
Or maybe umlauted words in Swedish or German?

I don't really know about Swedish or German, but in Finnish absolutely not. Those letters with umlauts (ä and ö) have their own place in the Finnish alphabet, and clearly defined pronounciations. In other words, ä is not just "a with umlaut", but an individual vovel, very distinct from a. Saying that the word jää (Finnish for ice) has some punctuation in it is like saying that the word ice has punctuation in it because there's a dot above the letter i.

-Villain (who always appreciates correct writing, but doesn't really mind how others type as long as they try their best to be understood)

words that begin with an umlaut don't have their own place in the dictionary in german. in german you can paraphrase them as ae, oe and ue (for ä,ö,ü; for example in crossword puzzles). proximately you will find words beginning with an Ä under Ae (they're written with Ä but they follow to the words with Ad) in the dictionary.
i hope i could put this into words correctly... i have some concentration problems atm ;)
my mum says that in some dictionaries it's different. a word with Ä could also be behind the A words (so Ä following to Az*). but i think it's mainly with ae.

Back to topic: I really like the new booklets. It feels good to be able to read the lyrics at last. :D
Btw, on the back side of the reissue of the gallery, the tracklisting says that "Bringer of torture" is track 12 and "sacred reich" is track 13, when it's vice versa.

Answer to my ques?ion

I wanted to know if the Gallery and Minds I were reissued on Century Media and this tread turned into rules of composition, punctuation, capitalization, syntax and even name calling. Today I received the 2 Deluxe USofA Versions of the Gallery and Minds I. They are updated (new look) from the front to back covers even the disc artworks are different than the original Osmose releases and they are definitely on the Century Media label and not Osmose.
I did have a bet going with a forum member about this but they deleted their part of the bet from this thread. I guess they talk the talk but do not walk the walk?
Oh well as a forum member once told me "It's only the interent".
As I do not collect all the different variations of the DT CDs someone(special)
is going to receive these discs as an early birthday gift.
Now I wonder if the Century Media reissues (the Gallery/Minds I) are mirror copies of the Osmose reissues?

La Rocque said:
Oh well as a forum member once told me "It's only the interent".
As I do not collect all the different variations of the DT CDs someone(special)
is going to receive these discs as an early birthday gift.

Oh, but thank you - that was quite unexpected. :cool: I was just wondering if I should spend my (hopefully) upcoming birthday-money to buy these reissues (I do have a couple different versions of The Gallery and The Mind's I, after all), but you are making this much simpler for me. :D

:dopey:

-Villain (;))

anyway does anybody knwos when the reissues will reach germany?
amazon.de doenst have them in their repetoire
and the shops in my town are so bad that they just have character and nothing else of DT

and why is noone here to report something about the videos to zodi-light and hedon?????

solefald said:
anyway does anybody knwos when the reissues will reach germany?
amazon.de doenst have them in their repetoire
and the shops in my town are so bad that they just have character and nothing else of DT

i haven't seen them in a single "real" shop even here (in stockholm) where there's generally no problem finding dt albums. you can always get them from www.cdon.com , though.

solfald said:
and why is noone here to report something about the videos to zodi-light and hedon?????

they've after all been available (downloadable) before, so i guess many already had seen them.