The Remasters

insidethefall

somewhere nowhere
Jan 26, 2003
pittsburgh, pa
Visit site
What does everything think about the remasters, I haven't heard the self titled one yet but Burnt Offerings is very interesting, they bring certain instuments out before that were buried in the mix before, as well as the vocals in certain areas. NOTS is interesting, but I think that some of the rawness of the recording doesn't shine through like the original. Sometimes I'm a little disappointed in remastered products, because you can't hear any difference (maybe besides volume/crisper sound) but with these it seems like the people who remastered it did a pretty good job, was it the band themselves or someone else who played this role? i'm interested in opinions, comments etc...

I definitely like them a lot more...Stormrider has a much better sound quality and Offerings is especially vocals wise so much better.
Jim Morris remastered them.

Burnt is really good;but I was very disapointed when I bought Dark genesis and found out the same shitty vocals on the first 2 albums.
And even more when they started selling em separatedly when they said they wouldn't and I rushed to buy Dark Genesis

I actually dislike the Burt Offerings remaster quite a bit. The drum sound was worse this time around and I think it shouldn't have been touched at all except for the cymbals.

I also think the guitars should not have been touched and sound a lot thinner this time around.

Vocally there is definitely an improvement.

The thing with this album is the atmosphere. That's why I love it so much and the atmosphere is gone in the remaster.