The Safety Fire - Music Video

Parka Dez

Jun 30, 2009

This is the first single from our debut album "Grind The Ocean" which is being released by InsideOut Music/Century Media - Feb 27th (UK/EU) and Feb 28th (US).

The album was produced and mixed by myself, and mastered by Jens Bogren. Can't wait to get it out! Album artwork is below. Love to hear peoples feedback on everything and anything!

Album%20small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
really cool video! the splatter brush thing is a bit strange imho, too strong from time to time,
but the part with the drawn bird is awesome! The song is just awesome, Congrats on the Video!

yesterday i was thinking about that song again but then i remembered that i didn't bookmark it so i probably
had to search for a while since i didn't remember what it was called. good luck you just posted this again, haha.

great track! the video is cool but it get's a bit boring watching just the band play, wish ehte was "a bit more" :)

great track! the video is cool but it get's a bit boring watching just the band play, wish ehte was "a bit more" :)

Im not really digging the "math-core" video vibe.. guitars super high, weird creepy movements :puke: expect for the drummer and vocalists, they look normal. lmao your bassist...... 2:33 wow just wow :lol: is he austistic or something?

StefTD - That is correct! We play Wirebird guitars, and our bassist plays Sandberg basses. You can check them out here

www.wirebirdguitars.com
www.sandberg-guitars.de

Habsburg - Glad you like the music even if you think we look weird... Just an FYI we wear our guitars that high so they are in the same position standing up or sitting down to allow for proper technique. Petrucci style rockin'.

Love the mix! Song is really good too!
Reminds me of The Arusha Accord in some places!

As a guitar player, tell me all I need to know about those Wirebirds. :yow:

Also, amps used?

Taylor G - Wirebirds are made by a guy called Sam Walker, who is one of the head guitar techs at Gibson UK. Does this on the side as he loves teles. He runs two lines, a modern style tele and a classic.

My modern has a neck profile similar to my blackmachine and is made from swamp ash with a rock maple neck, and flamed maple fingerboard. I love them. Really resonant guitars.

We went through a number of amps when reamping. Dual rectifier, Soldano Hot Rod 50 (loved this), 5150's etc etc but ended up using the AxeFX Ultra. Certain quality I got from it which I loved.

Below is a making of the music video for anyone interested in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should prooooooooobably hook me up with the patch for the Axe-FX.......jus' sayin'.

Either way, awesome job on the song and the mix! Definitely going to check out the guitars.

You should prooooooooobably hook me up with the patch for the Axe-FX.......jus' sayin'.

Either way, awesome job on the song and the mix! Definitely going to check out the guitars.

iirc the axe fx patch for their album was something like this:

comp > boost (tubscreamer) > das metal amp > stereo cab with custom IR of dez's arse crack (for that focused midrange) blended with a mesa oversized > eq > penny whistle.

I may be wrong about them using a boost or not.

TaylorG - Unfortunately I don't have the patch anymore, but the key to the tone was the RedWire impulses. Made a huge difference.

Thanks for the feedback guys!