The Scattering of Ashes

JimAustin said:
The best way to describe it is another transition album. The self titled transistion to the second album was really good. IE as a band were really happy with our progress at the time. Same with DOD to BIO - it was a transistion - kept the Into Eternity sound yet really progressed musically as a band.

BIO to SOA is another transition. Musically - this is mine and Tim's most challenging stuff yet. It definitley sounds like the next stage of Into Eternity. It's very challenging for all musicians on the album. Vocals are insane - extremely unique and the bass locks up nice with everything.

Trying to jam this set out is freakin tough man! After playing some of the songs we just kinda let out a big sigh - and kinda look at each other to ask 'did we actually just play that?' It's funny cause after jamming the SOA songs we all agreed BIO tunes are pretty simple :headbang:

And +2 to Sneap - his touch just brings everything to life even more so!

:OMG: You're kidding, right?

JimAustin said:
The best way to describe it is another transition album. The self titled transistion to the second album was really good. IE as a band were really happy with our progress at the time. Same with DOD to BIO - it was a transistion - kept the Into Eternity sound yet really progressed musically as a band.

BIO to SOA is another transition. Musically - this is mine and Tim's most challenging stuff yet. It definitley sounds like the next stage of Into Eternity. It's very challenging for all musicians on the album. Vocals are insane - extremely unique and the bass locks up nice with everything.

Trying to jam this set out is freakin tough man! After playing some of the songs we just kinda let out a big sigh - and kinda look at each other to ask 'did we actually just play that?' It's funny cause after jamming the SOA songs we all agreed BIO tunes are pretty simple :headbang:

And +2 to Sneap - his touch just brings everything to life even more so!
The drums were the first thing I noticed on the new track, they're awesome. The double bass is nuts. Bet that song's a sweat bath to play.

jim my hats off to you, the drumming on the new song is fantastic. i bet it keeps you in shape eh?

cant wait to hear the rest, it sounds amazing already.

good luck on gigantour!

yeah it did!!! it's sooooooo fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

can't wait to actually buy this!!!

brief album review

1. Novus Inceptum - cool little intro
2. Severe Emotional Distress - we all know this one, good tune.
3. Nothing - man Stu's screams are so awesome. then he goes right into a beautiful chorus, amazing.
4. Timeless Winter - sweet guitar intro, Stu gets real high pitched in this one, I love it!
5. Out - Jim Austin really shines on this track. awesome solo by Tim in the middle.
6. A Past Beyond Memory - this is classic Into Eternity. I think they've gotten better with each album.
7. Surrounded by Night - beautiful beginning, then it gets fast and heavy after a minute into it. great song
8. Eternal - this is where Tim Roth shines! even though he's amazing on every song.
9. Pain Through Breathing - This sounds really good on headphones.
10. Suspension of Disbelief - Jim really stepped it up, great double bass on this song.
11. Paralyzed - yes, it's as good on cd as it is live, smart choice for the closing track.

overall review : this album is a 10/10. easily the best cd of 2006.

I'm not sure if it's better than Buried in Oblivion after just 1 listen, but Buried is my favorite album of all time, so it will be difficult to top, this has a good chance after multiple listens. Stu is a perfect fit for this band. He was meant to sing for them.

The only thing that kinda pisses me off is Tim didn't do a lot of his signature High pitched shreiking, Other than that Holy Fuck this cd is nut's and Stu's voice is like what the fuck?????? Nut's like those russian dolls that fit inside each other Stu has a bajillion voices that all work , And The drums on the disc are sweet too, More kick and blastbeats = tits,
Some of the tracks remind of Death too which is a huge plus. And once again Tim owns piss with his guitarwork, just nuts.

Metal Madness is right.
Can't wait to buy this fucker.

This album is AMAZING! - I can't wait till its out so i can get the FULL PACKAGE! tHEY SOUND better then ever, tight as hell, awesome Riffs, leads, solos, Drumming is awesome, the vocals are insane! stu ranges from from lowest to the highest!, like he has some halford moments and then the typical into e harmonizing with tim.The songs just sound so much more, progressive, and technical while being equally melodic and catchy at the same time. MY ALBUM OF THE YEAR SO FAR along with Blind Guardian's Masterpiece : ) INTO ETERNITY claim the throne again for being the best NEW metal band today. This album gives me the chills..... I'm in AWE

Best songs? well lets see
Timeless Winter, Out, A past Beyond Memory, Eternal, you know what i have no clue yet though cuz i've only listened to it once but those are my favs so far

I can't find the leak.

This is my most anticipated release, so buying it is a definite. I need a link but I dont expect one to be posted here ora nything. Time to dig!

Did the Scattering of Ashes (the song) get scrapped or did you guys just change the song title? I've really been digging the track up on Gigantour's site. I can't wait to hear the rest and to catch you guys on tour again.

And Jim, you must've done an amazing job because one of my friends asked me if IE just used programmed drums for the album. ;) Will you be joining them on Gigantour?

i can't do that at the moment, lol too many of my fav bands have albums coming out this year, and its really hard to hold back. I mean there my favorite band i always buy the albums i just have to hear it if peopel are talking about it online.