The SCIENCE thread

And I deliberately tried to misunderstand you to make you feel even greater, but ehh, it didn't work, did it?

Maqus said:
I mean that's what I was thinking of on the way back home from home to home as I was coming home, that most academic work is for fun and scholarships, I'm into literature, for example, the funnest fun of all funs, no practical value at all, but better than teaching English to unmotivated people or trying to explain to Boss why the things he asks me to do are pointless.

It's really rare when intellectuals start a revolution that really changes things, it happened in 1956 though, but the whole country was desperate then. No chance today, and what for anyway?
I agree that academic work is fun, but it's not only fun all the time. Look at medicine, information technology, physics, applied maths, statistics, computer science, psychology, sociology - all these disciplines have led to considerable changes in the (western) world. Whether these changes are good or bad or somewhere in between, can be discussed. But you can't say science is just something they do at universities.

Strangelight said:
science is crap
there's a lot of science in your keyboard, computer and other electronic audio equipment you use - so your music is crap also

My biology teacher taught the class where to find the clitoris and what to do with it.

Nice one Mr Scanlan!

thumbs-up.jpg