The SCIENCE thread

Lenore said:
you wont make me believe writing a thread dealing with science in an band's internet forum was just because you wanted to debate on this matters.
I don't want to make you believe anything, but it was indeed my intention to make a Science thread about science - it could also be about the use of science, is it any good, should we spend less money on it, etc, that would be a discussion at least.

Besides, there are plenty of threads here which are not related to Antimatter at all.

Lenore said:
Dont you have enough friends outside that you'd impress with your rambling? Tell me now, who's the hypocrite here?
I'm not seeking to impress anyone. It seems some people are allergic to the word "science" or "maths" and feel insecure about not understanding what it's about. There are plenty of things I don't understand or have knowledge of and that's ok really. I don't say it's all bollocks, I just don't know.

there have been posted threads on subjects that are far more trivial.....
if it doesn't interest you then just don't read it (and that's a general remark, not aimed at someone in particular)

dunno, it's a nice way to make a living, surely better than mindless office work. on the other hand, it'll quickly make you look like an arrogant prick if you rant about it "in public".

my dying groom said:
dunno, it's a nice way to make a living, surely better than mindless office work. on the other hand, it'll quickly make you look like an arrogant prick if you rant about it "in public".

Exactly.

Check your e-mail :)

(that's gonna be my catchphrase from now on)

I mean that's what I was thinking of on the way back home from home to home as I was coming home, that most academic work is for fun and scholarships, I'm into literature, for example, the funnest fun of all funs, no practical value at all, but better than teaching English to unmotivated people or trying to explain to Boss why the things he asks me to do are pointless.

It's really rare when intellectuals start a revolution that really changes things, it happened in 1956 though, but the whole country was desperate then. No chance today, and what for anyway?

Pink%20stinkhorn%202.jpg

breaklose said:

You're just playing, hoho.

Like the paradox: "I always lie." If you do lie all the time, then your sentence is true. If it's a lie, then you always tell the truth, except in your sentence, which then DECONSTRUCTS the tenet that you always tell the truth.