The score so far...

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
I was recently told by our good friend, Helmut Muller, in Germany, that while attending the Bang Your Head festival in, That they played "Evil Princess" from our last album over the jumbo P.A. not once, not twice, but three times between bands for thousands of raging metal fans!!?! (from what I was told... I wasn't there :ill: )

Now... let me explain something that I found ironic, and somewhat humorus about this. That very same Saturday (while we happend to be playing in Chicago), a local rock/metal radio station (if you can call it that...) here in Utah was going to be playing local bands for an hour. We had submitted a song for them from the new album, and on top of that, someone else outside the band subitted a song from our last album to be played that night.... they never played either of them. They however played a few local punk/alternative rock/metal bands :Smug: and even tonight, skipped us again.:yell:

So... if we were keeping score, this is what it was for Katagory V getting public exposure here and over the pond:

Utah, USA = 0
Germany = 30,000

Hilarious! :lol::lol::lol:

I want to personaly thank Helmut (who recently tied the knot on June 6th, BTW!) for giving us the news, as well as Jagger, Oliver, Martin and all those great guys at Heavy Oder Was?! Magazine/Bang Your Head Festival for throwing our tunes up there!

Alright everyone, go back to sleep!

\m/
Dustin

Amazing how this stuff works sometimes...

A fairly well known band that is playing national festivals makes available material off of a yet-unreleased album (giving the station a scoop as it were) and the station blows them off...

We all know that that Metal is very much alive and well in other parts of the world (Australia, Europe, Asia, etc.). And it isn't like there aren't some talented US Metal acts out there these days (I have picked up a few CDs of some relatively new bands over the last year or so that are excellent IMHO). It all just makes me kind of sad...thank goodness for Internet radio!

I'm glad to see that there is some grassroots effort to keep the scene alive. I just keep hoping that the power of the big five keeps eroding to the point where independent artists are able to make very strong inroads, so that us Metalheads and other non-mainstream music types can hear/see what we like more often.

I can dream, can't I?

I seem to remember Dustin saying that they have sold a much larger number of CD's to distributors overseas than here in the States. Pretty good for some new band out of Utah, guys!

Mr Toast said:
Amazing how this stuff works sometimes...

A fairly well known band that is playing national festivals makes available material off of a yet-unreleased album (giving the station a scoop as it were) and the station blows them off...
So true, and so amazing...

I bet you both, I bet you both, you make the most
But I set the scene, I set the scene, I'll make you clean

You can waste your time this time...
Yes, you can waste your time, not mine

Because I'm never letting go
You know there's nothing else to be
I can't give up for you this time
You know I gotta set the scene

I set you straight, I set you straight, I take the bait
I set the scene, I set the scene, I'll make you clean

I gotta set the scene, this
I gotta set the scene, this

You can waste your time this time...
Yes, you can waste your time, not mine

- Pitchshifter, 'Scene This'

Let KBER stick to Mandatory Metallica and such. Me, I think I'll spin 'Present Day' again.

Don't let the bastards grind ya down. :)