Utah Metal List!

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
Hey Everyone!

I just recently became a moderator for the Utah Metal mailing list!
This list was created by a freind of ours, Ali, from the band Of Infinity.

I'm just posting this to let anyone know that might be reading this and happen to be from Utah, that this might be something worth checking out!

This list was created to help unite Utah metal fans and bands, and to help bring more attention to the scene here where we are from. It was also created to help let metal fans in Utah be aware of international metal bands that are playing in Utah :D
One problem we have here is, most tours that come thorugh Utah, rarely get announced or advertised, leaving many larger acts, their management, and booking agents feeling like Utah's not worth there time to play becasue they can't draw a crowd
:mad:
Hopfully this will change with the more Utah metal heads that sign up!

If your in Utah and want to sign up for this list, or want more information about it, get in touch with me an I will send you an invite!

\m/
Dustin

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
Utah's awesome. Hopefully Utah starts getting a ton of metal shows and a strong metal scene by the time I move out there!

WHAT!?! You moving out to Utah!!!
We'll definalty have to hook up if that's the case! How soon are you moving out here?

There are actually some metal bands here in Utah that are quite good! just to name a few:

Driven (Nu-metal)
Antix (Death/Groove metal)
Ibex Throne (Black Metal)
Necroptcy (Death Metal, feature former Permiques guitarist, Sadie)
Davidian (Death/Thrash metal)
Visionary (Progressive Metal)
Tempered Steel (Power/Traditional Metal)
Distant Vision (Power Metal)

This is to name but a few of the more "popular" acts that play around here... I'm finding out about more bands via the Utahmetal list!

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
:lol:

I have no concrete plans... but it is a dream of mine to live in Utah someday... mostly due to the incredible skiing. ;)

hmmm...we'll it's somewhat interesting that you want to move out here, as my better half Sheri (from Catisauqua) and our guitarist Trevor (from Allentown) both moved here from Pennsylvania!

The skiing IS incredible! You should at least try to make it out here for a ski trip, Sheri's dad does it every year!

Originally posted by Demonspell
I thought Katagory V was the only metal band in Mor(m)on country...

it's funny you should say that... I thought we were the only metal band for quite sometime! I'm kind of glad were not alone out here ;)

Mor(m)on? :lol: :lol: :lol:

\m/
Dustin

I used to have a really prejudiced view on Utah and when I met my friend he told me how cool the mountains and shit are, I'm really looking forward to coming out there and kicking some mormon ass!!!!

Originally posted by Deatheadrummer
I used to have a really prejudiced view on Utah and when I met my friend he told me how cool the mountains and shit are, I'm really looking forward to coming out there and kicking some mormon ass!!!!

Hell yeah, the mountains here are incredable, especially in the winter time... most people that visit in the winter think they look like paintings. Not to mention that theres a lot of stuff to do in the southern deserts of Moab, UT, which looks like your visiting another planet!:eek:

If your looking to kick some morman ass (musicaly or physicly ;) ), their really isn't a whole lot in Salt Lake City... a majority of mor(m)ons live down south of Salt Lake City or north of Ogden. Salt lake is much more like any regular big city and has a huge mix of diffrent cultures... which is pretty cool!

\m/
Dustin

Originally posted by Dustin
WHAT!?! You moving out to Utah!!!
We'll definalty have to hook up if that's the case!
Me too! 'Kin 'ell! :eek:

hmmm...we'll it's somewhat interesting that you want to move out here, as my better half Sheri (from Catisauqua) and our guitarist Trevor (from Allentown) both moved here from Pennsylvania!
Mrs Luna (aka, my better half, who, contrary to popular opinion in and around KatV, does actually exist! :lol: ) was born in McKeesport! Blimey, it's a small world.

Hell yeah, the mountains here are incredable, especially in the winter time... most people that visit in the winter think they look like paintings.
I used to say (sometimes still do, in fact) that "I'm living in a postcard."

The scenery across all of Utah is just amazing.

I've seen the pics that Chris (the singer/guitarist) in my band has, and it looks damn nice there. How are the people though? Are they real liberal or is it laid back? Don't wanna take no shit for my smoking and drinking ya know.