THE SCORPIONS - what genre of metal, other than hair metal

the scorpoins what are they genre wise

• Total voters

arsenic_kills

New Metal Member
Sep 28, 2003
ok so here in america i got a friend who is into nearly every german metal band she comes across. ok here is the deal. she says that the scropions are just a hair metal band, i say the scorpoins are hair metal indeed but htats just a stereo typical genre based at nearly all mainstream 80's metal bands other than a few exeptions (ex. metalica, megadeath, slayer, & pantera[not in order of favorites]) i say that although they are a hairmetal band they still have a disticnt genre to classify them. i say powermetal. you tell me hair alone or some other submetal genre.

stupid arguement i know powerhands down lol
powermetal:worship::headbang::kickass:

they wimped out. and wear caps now. what's the use of discussing a third-class 80ies band who had one stupid hit Wind Of....Fart ?

They may sound like a non-metal band but it appears they did all different types of music Metal, Rock, Melody's, and Ballads that's what inspires most different type listeners to find them amusing. But I Prefer these guys as metals still.

Listen to Fly To The Rainbow, and then almost any Metallica album, and you'll see the connection between then and now.
Ullrich Roth is undoubtedly the Euro-Hendrix of Metal. Listen to songs like Speedys Coming and Pictured Life. You can then see how the original Scorps formation has influenced alot of todays metal bands.
ie. Rudolph Schenker, Michael Schenker, Ullrich Roth, Klaus Mein.
They have all influenced a generation!
Keep the faith, turn it up load, and FUCK the Establishment! By the way: "It's 3:35 pm PST, and DISCO STILL SUCKS!":headbang: