Bands from the 80's-90's that are better than "Hair Metal".!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
Bands from the 80's-90's that are better than "Hair Metal".!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say: DOKKEN, TESLA, WHITE LION, TORA TORA, FASTER PUSSYCAT, SALTY DOG, L.A.GUNS, GUNS N' ROSES, SEA HAGS, LILLIAN AXE, SWEET F.A., FATES WARNING, SAVATAGE, LIZZY BORDEN, W.A.S.P., HELIX, & More.

Fates Warning? When were they ever considered a hair band?

And there aren't really hair metal bands. They are HAIR BANDS.

Fates Warning? When were they ever considered a hair band?

And there aren't really hair metal bands. They are HAIR BANDS.

I consider Fates Warning "progressive/thrash", but they did get "lumped in" with other HAIR BANDS. For instance, on Dee Snider's radio program, "House of Hair", bands like Fates Warning, Accept, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc... get played and I don't consider any of them HAIR BANDS. I consider them METAL.

WASP times a thousand, pretty much. Heretic/The Lost Child alone shits all over the entire city of Los Angeles.

The Headless Children is great. So is the Crimson Idol. You can't go wrong with W.A.S.P. classics like: L.O.V.E. Machine, Wild Child, I Wanna Be Somebody, Blind In Texas, Animal (Fuck Like A Beast), I Don"t Need No Dr., The Real Me etc...

Zane

I consider Fates Warning "progressive/thrash", but they did get "lumped in" with other HAIR BANDS. For instance, on Dee Snider's radio program, "House of Hair", bands like Fates Warning, Accept, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc... get played and I don't consider any of them HAIR BANDS. I consider them METAL.
oh fuck that. Dee's just trying to gain cred by doing that.

Hapless schoolchild: "YEAH I LIKE GOOD MUSIC LIKE HAIR METAL LIKE MAIDEN AND TWISTED SISTER AND PRIEST."

fates warning never was, nor ever will be considered Hair metal.
They have always been progressive.
Their first 3 albums sound like power metal to me. It is all a matter of definition, though; I guess you could call those albums "progressive", in the way that I call Cirith Ungol progressive. :)

depeche mode.

People Are People, Personel Jesus, etc.. I like some Depeche Mode. aparently KMFDM means (KILL MOTHER FUCKING DEPECHE MODE). I met a girl in Gatlinburg, Tennessee when I was 13-14 and performed "cunninglingus" on her and she performed "fellatio" on me, but we never had intercourse. I think her name was Dena, but her nickname was "Beaner"???? Oh the memories.

But also, consider the time frame of those first 3 albums. Wasn't much of anything progressive metal at the time.
Yeah, but that still didn't make their first three (I'd say first four) albums progressive though. They're pretty much classic examples of speed/power metal, like Helstar or Agent Steel.
Awaken The Guardian did experiment around a little though.

But I always felt that Mark Zonder was really the member to turn them into a prog band