When you think 80's hair metal, you think Oklahoma?!

The venue is about 30 mins outside of Tulsa. So far, something like 32 states and 12 countries attending.

My comment wasn't meant to be a smart one, just a realistic one. Heck, I have to work hard to buy a cell w/o a cam these days. I am glad the bands are coming around and embracing the exposure of digital media. Some, take Buckcherry for example, actually having contests for it - and 15 has gone Platinum, they've played 200 shows (so far this year), sold 1M ringtones, and nominated for a Grammy. Are you kidding me?

Commercial radio and TV have given most all of this genre (hard, hair, prog, classic, etc) a deaf ear. Thank goodness for the digital age. In fact, I never would have known of Progpower without it.

I hope this fest and all its bands do well. It is sad when a band like House Of Lords (as previously mentioned) plays to a crowd of 50 in Jonesboro Ga as they did a few months ago.

Unfortunately, I already know several people from Houston that are renting an RV and going up there. Too bad. :Smug: I'm tempted to go up Sunday - I NEED A JACKYL FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris :headbang:

:erk: :erk: :erk: :erk: :erk: :erk: :erk: :erk: Where's the love? :( I hope you're still coming to Madfest!! I'm sure we'll still have a maxed-out room! I'm only a little worried ;) *bites nails*

Maybe we can arrange a post-Madfest caravan for Sunday! Then again that means more people will know about Rocklahoma and skip TXMF all together! Hmm.... I think I have some "strategerizing" to do!

*puts on the battle armour*

Hope you guys don't mind me posting but was looking for rocklahoma home page and came across this,I went to the 2007 rocklahoma all 3 days and took my kids my son 18 and my daughter 14 my son has been to concerts before but my daughter this was her first and now i can say she' a rockaholic we'll go again this year,i've got to say it's the best concert i've ever been to rocklahoma was history Rocklahoma is the world’s largest Rock Festival it was awesome.
You could walk right down next to the stage and just start taking all the pics u want,after warrant performed they came down to the t-shirt shack and signed away http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/zoro405/Photo0090.jpg took photo's with ya,man it was a blast and when twisted sister closed sunday we rocked till bout 2:30 in the morning, Have a good one and rock on

50,000??? really? I find that a little hard to believe, but hey, if that's true, more power to 'em.

Uh they sold over 60,000 tickets last year, where have you been :Smug:.

Not my cup of tea but i whish em luck, it can only help the resurgence of Fun Rock, just listen to all these new bands that are sounding like 80s bands, evidently someone his still interested in that 80s hair metal sound, me not so much but i'd rather it come back than that 90s shit . :headbang:

P.S I can't believe Twister Sister is the closer instead of Poison, although i prefer their music over Posion they just seem soo over silly to me .

I wonder if the White Lion lineup is to include the GREAT Itallian Stallion Vito Bratta ? I think "hair metal" is like any other forms of metal. Some bands are good, some stink. White Lion is really only "fair" in my ears, but I can name on one hand guitarists who I think are better than Vito.
Mark Slaughter is also a freaking monster. I feel bad for almost any vocalist that has to come on stage right after him. I am no big fan of Slaughter either (songwriting wise,) but I caught them live several years back and Mark could have put his mic down and screamed across the stage and I bet he could be heard. The guy has pipes that are out of this world.

Bryant